Pt2Ch42: JYP III

Eunbi slid down the shower wall, hugging her knees. She closed her eyes, allowing the water to run down her head and shoulders while taking in a deep breath. For the first time in months she took a proper shower, yet she didn't feel any of her stress disappear. Instead, it only piled on her shoulders. The shower's warm waters soothed Eunbi's skin, partially undoing the myriad of knots that formed from her stress.

Am I doing the right thing? If I knew things would end up like this, I wouldn't have come to JYPNation...

Suddenly, the shower water disappeared. Eunbi opened her eyes to find herself in a white plane void of most colors. Gold adorned clouds covered Eunbi's erogenous spots as she stood up, matching the clouds that floated above.

"Nice deity impersonation!" Ji Hoon chuckled.

Eunbi turned around, shrieking as she met Ji Hoon's wide smile. She crouched down, covering her chest and crotch with her arms. "What are you doing here?!"

"I brought you here," Ji Hoon replied. "It's been a while since we talked, right?"

Eunbi's breath hitched. She looked toward Ji Hoon, frowning. He showed no signs of aging unlike herself and Wonyoung. He still wore the all-black uniform he did the day he left, and his eyes shone just as brightly as she remembered. "Can you do something about my clothes?"

"You'd have to put clothes on your real self if you wanted to change that," Ji Hoon mumbled. "At least you don't stick out like a sore thumb here."

"There's no one else here," Eunbi commented.

"True, but no one really wears clothes on this plane," Ji Hoon reasoned. "I covered your... parts... with the cool censor clouds because I figured you'd want them."

Eunbi removed her arms, waving her hands through the clouds. Not even she could see through them, prompting her to relax her arms at her sides. Without a word, Eunbi approached Ji Hoon, slapping him. "What the fuck is wrong with you?! Do you know how long I've wanted to talk to you? After you talked to me when I met up with Wonyoungie, I called and prayed to you over and over and over, but you never answered!!"

Ji Hoon frowned. He pulled Eunbi into a hug, "I'm sorry, Eun. I wish I could talk to you more. My communication with mortals is restricted up here."

"Everything's so hard..." Eunbi sobbed into Ji Hoon's chest, prompting the man to caress the back of her head, "After the invasion I've been nothing but stressed. I have to look after everyone, and now that Yena's hurt, it might be the end for us. I can't run away, and if they find out one of their people fought Yena and Il, they might execute us."

"Is that all?"

Eunbi pulled away, "What?"

"You're the Kwon Eunbi. You used to boss me around and you're way smarter than me! If there's anyone fit to lead your group through this, it's you," Ji Hoon smiled. "Remember that one time Wonyoung and I fought over a misunderstanding and you were the one who figured out what was wrong?"

Eunbi chuckled, wiping her tears, "Yeah. It was because you misspoke."

Ji Hoon threw his hands into the air, "Exactly! You noticed it and convinced us there was nothing wrong with just your words. You can win people over with your words when you really need to, and this time is no different."

"Did you pull me here just to give me a pep talk?" Eunbi asked.

"Maybe," Ji Hoon chortled. "I figured if there was a good time to talk to you, it'd be now."

"I'd much rather have a casual conversation with you again," Eunbi pouted. "Come back down so I can really slap you, and then we can have a meal."

A soft smile grew on Ji Hoon's face. He ruffled Eunbi's hair, nodding, "Sure. One day I'll do that."