Chapter Fifty-Six: The Ring

"Shin, I'm worried about the two of you," Sumin frowned. She picked the green restorative herbs from the ground, adding them to her basket, "Seeing Unnie hurt so much and working so hard pains me."

"It hurts me too," Kami sighed. "But, she's doing this of her own volition. The best we can do is cheer her on for her fight tomorrow."

Sumin stood straight. She stared into the soft grass with low eyes, "What if she loses? Will we see her again? What if she changes because of them??"

"It'd be out of our control then," Kami replied. "All we can do is prepare a welcome party in the event she wins, or comfort her if she loses."

"Can't you do something about this?!" Sumin turned to the instructor. Her watery eyes glistened in the artificial light.

"It's not my business-"

"It is!!" Sumin stomped. "She's your girlfriend god damnit!!! Go kill those bastards or something so she doesn't have to worry!!"

"If it were that easy, the world of politics would be solved by killing whoever makes you mad," Kami replied. "Unfortunately, if you kill one corrupt person, another worse person takes their place."

"Kill them. Kill them all if you have to!!" Sumin dropped her basket, falling to her knees with her face in hand, "I can't imagine a world where Unnie is taken away..."

Kami grabbed the basket's handle. He started toward the dungeon's exit, causing the grass to rustle under his steps.

"Let's head back."

Jinju took a deep breath, repeating the monotonous action as she sat alone in her preparation room. Faint murmurs from the awaiting crowd echoed through the stadium walls, sending chills through her body.

Relax...

Images of Kami's training flashed through her head, guiding her muscles through their paths. With her eyes closed, she imagined the crimson man standing before her. Flurries of punches whisked past her head as she ducked and dodged, parrying before striking.

"Your goal is not to go into these drawn out close quarters fights. You just want to create opportunities and seize them. The moment you stand still for more than three seconds is the moment you lose."

She equipped her catalog, prompting a rush of confidence to fill her as its data flooded her body with strength. Each step she took toward the stadium's center left traces of her resolve, slowly revealing her to the crowd.

The verdant floor swayed in the faint breezes, rustling the blades of grass. The weight of thousands of eyes centered on Jinju weighed on her shoulders.

"She chose not to wear her special outfit today, but one that covers all of her skin," Zenith remarked. "Not that it'll matter anyway."

From the opposing hallway, four figures emerged causing Jinju's eyes to widen. They wore red dyed uniforms consisting of a simple shirt and cargo pants.

Jinju shot a glare toward Zenith, earning a grin. The man's face contorted with malicious glee as he rose from his throne.

"Now!! It is time for the match you all waited for!!! The Primordial Zenith's White Rabbit, versus four of our level four members!!!!"

The crowd boomed with excitement, shaking Sumin from her shock.

"Shin, this isn't what she said!!"

Kami eyed the four men, then Zenith. He scanned the stadium with the eyes of a hawk before crossing his arms.

"Shin!!!!"

"There's nothing we can do," Kami reminded. "This is a political statement in a political setting. Stepping in here would cause her more trouble than it would save her from."