Chapter Twenty-Two: Mid Tier Round One

Y/n groaned, taking a deep breath. He opened his eyes, meeting Minju's worried gaze. She caressed his head, releasing a heavy enough sigh that Y/n felt it from her thighs.

"Thank goodness you're okay..."

Y/n squinted his eyes, "What happened..."

"You lost. Badly."

Y/n sighed. He recalled the events prior to losing his consciousness. Hitomi's speed. The feeling of helplessness. The stinging pain of having his heart crushed.

"You uh..." Minju trailed. "You also went berserk after Hitomi ya beat you."

Y/n furrowed his eyebrows, "I what?!"

Sakura approached Hitomi, patting her back.

"You did well, Hitomi chan. I'll take it from here."

Hitomi lifted Y/n's limp body, allowing Sakura to reach under him. Before she could pick the young boy up, he stood on his feet.

"Y/n?!" Sakura gasped, "How are you-"

"GET BACK!!"

Kami pushed the older woman into T's arms, stopping Y/n's wrist with his other hand. A loud clang rang through the arena followed by the sound of crystal arrows shattering. Kami pinched the purple blade in Y/n's hand, stopping the weapon in its tracks.

Purple mist permeated from the markings on Y/n's right side. It spread through the air, seemingly reaching out toward Kami before dissipating into nothingness.

Xiaoting landed on the tile, slapping her hand onto the back of Y/n's neck.

"Nothing personal, kid."

Y/n fell forward, crashing into the ground. As he laid unconscious once more, the purple markings faded away with the matching sword doing the same.

"What the hell is up with this kid?" Hikaru questioned. "He countered my arrows with ease--not to mention he shattered them too."

"This was the divine intervention Hyung talked about," Kami replied.

"Must be one malicious deity." Xiaoting scoffed, "Every fiber of my body told me to avoid that sword. How did it feel touching it, Kami?"

"It felt like it was sapping away at my vitality just by being near it. For the first time in a while, I felt fear at the thought of being struck by a sword."

Kami turned to the King's booth, eyeing Chaeyeon standing on guard.

"It's safe now, Doctor." T gestured.

Sakura paced to Y/n's side, pulling a syringe from her lab coat. She removed the rubber padding from the tip before injecting its contents into Y/n's veins.

"What are you doing that for?" Xiaoting questioned. "Wasn't the point of the pill to prevent the need for you to use your Allele, Doctor?"

"That electrical current you sent through him threw him into cardiac arrest."

"Oh..." Xiaoting pursed her lips, "My bad..."

"What's wrong, Xiaoting?" Hikaru smirked, "Was he so Shen Terrifying that you lost control of your Allele?"

Xiaoting scrunched her nose, "Fuck off!! I wasn't scared, and only Ji Hoon can make that pun!"

"Whatever you say~" Kami shrugged.

T cleared her throat, "I apologize for the inconvenience!! We had an unforeseen malfunction occur with one of our contestant's Alleles! The tournament will resume as scheduled!"