Chapter Thirty-Eight: Brilliant Flame

Sumin twisted her key, clicking the lock. She gestured toward the open door with an innocent smile. "Come on in."

Kami gave a minor bow, "Pardon my intrusion."

He set foot into the wooden entrance, taking his shoes off before stepping onto the elevated floor. Incandescent bulbs illuminated the hallway to the house's entrance, giving the area a warm ambiance.

"Someone's here." Kami breathed.

"Oh! That's my-"

Kami whisked his hand in front of his face, catching the blade of a dagger before his crimson gaze. At the other end of the dagger, an ivory haired woman the same height as Kami pushed the weapon to a standstill.

The shadowy black color of her outfit contrasted with her hair, outlining the curve of her body. The skin-tight transparent material Kami associated with leggings covered the entirety of her body and underneath the one-piece article of clothing that supported her large, perky breasts. It hugged her waist with an opening revealing a section of her midriff before running down to her crotch--leaving her hips and much of her skin exposed.

A snowflake pattern contrasted with the dark material on her right thigh, but paired with the wispy smoke pattern that ran down the left side of her one-piece. A raised collar covered her mouth, extending over her shoulders and down her arms as oversized, translucent sleeves.

"Who is this?" the woman questioned. Her snowy gaze and ice-cold voice bit into Kami's skin like the nip of the cold winter air.

"This is uh... I don't actually know his name. He's someone I've found and have been helping." Sumin replied.

Kami eyed the black spider lily hairclip and the set of cat ears sprouted from her head. They appeared functional alongside the pair of ears on both sides of her head.

The woman gripped her dagger tighter, "He is dangerous."

"What do you mean?" Sumin tilted her head. "He's just a level one rogue."

"He caught my blade."

Sumin leaned between the two, eyeing the weapon wedged between Kami's fingers. "You're right... How did you do that-? Come to think of it, you also pulled me away from that guy earlier when I couldn't even see him move."

The woman eyed Sumin. "You ran into someone earlier?"

"It-It wasn't anything serious!!" Sumin chuckled nervously. "Just someone trying to recruit me into their group since I'm a White Mage and all..." she turned to Kami, "This is Kim Jinju. She's kind of like my older sister, but we're not blood related. She takes care of me and lets me stay here."

"He can't stay here." Jinju interrupted.

Sumin pouted, "Why not? He hasn't done anything to me, so he's not dangerous! In fact, he saved me! Plus, he doesn't have any memories and is new to this area."

"He can fare on his own." Jinju replied coldly. "We don't know anything about him. You say he's a level one rogue, but his skills say otherwise."

Sumin flicked her fingers through the air, pursing her lips. "Hm... It says he's level one right here."

Jinju squinted, 'You're partied with him?"

"Eung!" Sumin smiled. "What's weird is that most of his information is here, but his name isn't. Speaking of which!!" She turned back to Kami, "I shall name you 'Red Rabbit!"

"Red Rabbit?" Kami repeated.

Sumin nodded with a scrunched-nose smile. "Yep! Besides, if you really are a danger then Jinju will take care of me. Isn't that right, level four Arcane Rogue?"