Pt2Ch7: Promise

Kami slipped from the shadows and into Kwangsun's room. Immediately, a rush of energy pressure filled the man's senses, prompting him to form his hand into a specific seal.

Domain Expansion: Necros

"Ya! Shin Kami!!"

Kami's eyes focused on Wonyoung. She sat next to Kwangsun's crib with Daeun on her lap. The two presented very familiar wellsprings to him. They comforted his own wellspring, prompting him to release his seal.

"Who are you?"

Wonyoung scrunched her nose, "You really don't recognize me?"

"I wouldn't be asking if I did," Kami replied.

"Use your senses other than sight," the older instructed.

Wonyoung's wellspring felt familiar, more familiar than anything he had felt since he returned. Daeun's wellspring on the other hand, billowed in Kami's senses. It far surpassed anyone he had met or sensed yet, save for one person. The silhouette of a familiar, yet unfamiliar man appeared behind Daeun. The same silhouette he saw while fighting Donghoon.

Suddenly, Kami grasped his head. He closed his eyes, grasping at the spark of his old life. The image of a beach appeared in his mind. Purples, oranges, and reds painted the sky with clouds added texture and shading. Feminine giggles paired with the sound of the sand shifting under their feet complimented the waves crashing onto shore. The smell of grilled meats and vegetables permeated the air, and for a second, he saw their faces. Ji Hoon Wonyoung, Hikaru Xiaoting, Yujin, Yeseo, Youngeun, Chaeyeon, Dayeon, and many more.

As quickly as the image came, it left the grasps of his mind without a trace. The familiar faces and calm feeling that came with disappeared as well with only the knowledge that Wonyoung was there staying.

"You..."

Daeun reached her hand through Kwangsun's crib. She pet the two year-old boy's head, smiling softly. In the other room, Wonyoung and Kami talked about things she couldn't quite understand. Memories, flowers, other worlds.

What she did know, however, was that something was off about Kwangsun. She couldn't quite understand why, but his presence felt different compared to Wonyoung's, Kami's, or even her teacher's.

As Kwangsun opened his eyes, a sparkle of adoration twinkled in Daeun's. A pink hue colored his orbs with a far gentler color than his father's. Despite their small age gap, Daeun felt the need to take care of Kwangsun. She climbed into his crib with soft eyes and a warm smile.

In response, Kwangsun smiled back. His innocence rubbed off on Daeun like a puppy's, prompting the two to play. The older climbed in and out of Kwangsun's crib with ease, grabbing toys for the two to entertain themselves with. She spoke to him, giggling as he tried to repeat what she said.

"My name is 'Daeun."

"Da-boon..." Kwangsun blurted.

Daeun pinched the baby's cheeks, pulling it apart like mochi. "Da. Eun."

"Ba. Boon."

Wonyoung watched the two play with a tender smile. She felt envious of the two children and their innocent entertainment.

"What's the harm in returning to IZLand anyway? We established you're from there," she reasoned.

"It wouldn't feel right. Even if I'm from there, I want to fight for them knowing where I came from," Kami explained. "I don't want to fight because of empty words. I need to know how I got there and why I'm fighting."