Chapter Fourteen: Puppy

Yujin rolled her head to its side, taking a deep breath. A gentle breeze blew against her window, poking at her drowsiness. The young puppy squirmed in her spot, spreading her legs to the cold spots of her bed. As the comforting chill spread to her brain, she shot up, gasping.

She leapt from her bed, tossing her blanket aside before dashing into her bathroom. The young girl paced between her bathroom and closet, beaming a giddy smile.

He said I shouldn't, but I'm not going out into public. That means it's okay, right?

Yujin skipped into the hallway, stopping before the closed door across her own.

"I'm heading out, Oppa."

Upon stepping down onto the ground floor, Yujin eyed the ticking clock. Her eyes widened as horror filled her face.

"Oh no- I'm late!!"

"Stay safe!!" Mrs. Ahn shouted from the laundry room.

"Will do, Mom!!"

Yujin bolted out the front door, scanning her neighborhood.

No one's here. Good.

She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath before reopening them with a newfound glow. The weight of the world shifted off her body, allowing her to leap into the air.

Without an ounce of hesitation, Yujin rushed toward the Shin residence. Her light footsteps greeted the cement pavement, leading to the reinstatement of her weight.

I hope he hasn't been waiting for too long...

Yujin knocked on the three story house, holding her breath. Shortly after, the door opened, revealing Bae in his uniform.

"Yujin ssi?"

"Hello, Oppa," Yujin greeted, "I'm here to see Kami oppa."

"Oh," The boy paused, "Okay."

The door momentarily closed with faint shouting following shortly. As the door reopened, Bae stepped past the taller student with his hands in his pockets.

"He's coming down."

"Where are you going?" Yujin asked.

"I have a mission."

Yujin nodded, turning her attention back to the door in front of her. Her heart raced-its beats drowning out her thoughts.

"You look a little winded."

Yujin snapped back to reality, glancing down at the young man. He wore a sized pink hoodie and a black pair of sweatpants, bringing a different level of comfort than she was used to.

"O-Oh..." Yujin chuckled nervously, "I kind of flew here in a rush- Did you grow taller, Oppa?"

"You know you're not supposed to use your Allele openly in public."

Yujin turned to the floor, nodding, "Yeah..."

Kami scanned his student's outfit, pressing his bottom lip against its pair.

"I like your outfit. Come on in."

Yujin stepped into the house, taking a deep breath whilst she took her shoes off. The faint smell of a cat filled her nose, yet no signs of a feline companion persisted through the first floor.

"You're going to burn holes through him if you keep lasering him like that."

Yujin whisked her head toward the source of the voice.

"Ms. Shen...?"

"It's pathetic that he hasn't realized yet," The woman scoffed, "It's quite obvious you like him."