Pt2Ch29: Invasion II

A/N: For those who skipped chapter 28 due to the warning, here is your recap.

Le Sserafim has arrived in IZLand's capital. However, during their visit, Orca attacks with their remaining generals John, Jesse, Maxwell, and Yuri leading the charge.

Additionally, the three avatars have also joined the invasion with Ara dropping near the portal, Yong in the middle of the path toward the hospital, and Doyoon directly at the hospital. Minho left his duties in healing to intercept Doyoon, pulling both of them into a domain created by a copy of Choi Yujin's allele.

Hana, Xiaoting, and Chaeyeon have been revealed to be infected as well; the former two joined the battle, finding Yuri first where they no-diff her, leading to Hana torturing Yuri (~500 words of it; that is about a quarter of the chapter) while Xiaoting aids in evacuating the civilians.

Right before Hana could kill Yuri, John steps in where he almost kills Hana while she succumbs to the virus. Before he can finish her off, Kyu steps in with his awakening, requiring the main character to step in and absorb the lethal electricity enveloping John.

Updated Rankings

Wan Hana [Infected]: A-Rank 1 Hanam > C-Rank 1 Hanam

Seob Kyu [Awakened]: A-Rank 5 Dunam > S-Rank 1 Dunam*

Shen Xiaoting [Infected]: D-Rank 2 Hanam > D-Rank 7 Hanam

*He's strong enough to be placed in the Hanam rank, but he cannot sense energy.

Yong hovered in the air with a dull gaze. He pulled his cigarette from his mouth, blowing his boredom into the air with a puff of smoke. "This place looks so nice--so futuristic. A little remodeling wouldn't hurt."

With a light tap, two cinders dropped from the butt of the cigarette, quickly expanding into raging flames. They approached the buildings below rapidly, growing with the distance they traveled, before curving back toward Yong.

"What?" Yong slapped the flames away, turning his attention to Chaewon atop the nearby watchtower. "Pyromancy of this level? That's interesting."

Chaewon leapt off the building as Yong slammed into the sturdy brick. She expelled flames below her shoes, slowing her descent onto the nearest rooftop. Billowing flames roared from above, eclipsing Chaewon and the building below her.

He's going to blow up this whole block!!

With a deep breath, Chaewon swept her hands to her side, parting the flames. Yong darted through the middle, widening his eyes as Chaewon caught his punch.

"You're not just a mage!" Yong remarked. He grabbed Chaewon's wrist grinning. A spark lit in the back of his throat, sending a stream of fire over Chaewon's face. The stream's origin condensed and until the flames pierced the clouds above.

Chaewon slammed Yong's jaw shut with an uppercut. Steam rose from her skin, but otherwise she looked untouched by Yong's fire. "That won't work on me."

Yong raised an eyebrow, "I guess we're not so different-"

Rainbow flames swallowed Yong's body, causing him to stagger backward. He winced in pain, shedding the flames with a dark glare.

"Looks like we are," Chaewon grinned. Orange flames wrapped around Chaewon's fists, shifting to a light blue. "Are you with Orca?"

"So what if I am?" Yong questioned. "If you're worried about Orca, you should deal with the grunts running around slaughtering your people."

Chaewon's flames shifted to a deep red. Hatred glowed in her eyes, causing her fire to grow in size. "I don't care if it wasn't you. You're going to pay for Y/n's death."