Pt2Ch5: A Couple Couples

"Shin Kami?" Yuri questioned.

Kami sharpened his gaze, "You know me?"

"Of course!!" Yuri scoffed. "There isn't a single person in the military that hasn't heard of the Crimson Paper God! Even I'm not stupid enough to mess with you."

"Then why are you still here?"

It's like he's here but not...

Though she couldn't sense him, her instincts told her something was different about him. The pressure he exuded, thought not as grand in scale, could only be compared to Park Ji Hoon's. Cold beads of sweat formed on the young girl's temples.

"I... just want to know what you're up to!" she smiled.

"Do I know you?" the assassin asked.

Yuri nodded, "You do! I'm the girl you tried to save all those years ago! You know, Park Ji Hoon's precious little girl."

Jinju turned to Kami, "We don't have time for this."

The young girl's hairs stood on its ends. She didn't need Chaeyeon's allele to tell her Kami was going to kill her.

"I-I'll get going now!!" Yuri chuckled nervously. "Bye!!!"

As a portal swallowed her, Yuri stumbled backward and onto her bed. She held her chest, panting.

Holy shit... Was he always that strong?! And that woman beside him. What's up with those two??

Kami melded with Jinju's shadow, emerging into a small room. Toys of various sizes scattered the floor, accompanied by a rainbow rug, and a white crib sat next to the wall.

"Are you hungry, Kwangsun?"

Minju pushed the large building doors closed before joining Y/n next to the campfire. The stacks of crates now sat around the perimeter of the room, leaving it mostly empty.

"The area's clear."

Y/n extended a skewered piece of meat toward the fox. "Ah."

With a slight pink tinge in her cheeks, Minju opened her mouth, allowing Y/n to feed her. She hummed while she chewed, bumping Y/n with her shoulder.

"I told you I seasoned it well~"

Y/n chortled, bumping the fox back, "I didn't say you didn't season it well. I was just worried with how much salt you were putting on it."

"I'm telling you..." Minju laid another slab of meat onto the makeshift stove, "You have to put a lot of salt on this kind of meat so that it tastes good."

"Okay, okay."

Y/n watched the fox sear their dinner with a soft smile. Her imagined her standing next to him while they cooked together in their own kitchen. The storage space shifted to their own house-a small, but modest, space with three bedrooms. Outside, crickets chirped faintly underneath the moonlit sky.

"How many children do you want?" Y/n asked.

Minju gasped, turning to her boyfriend wide eyed. "Ch-Children?! Why ask this all of a sudden...?"

She swayed in her spot, cupping her cheeks, "I guess two. That way they're not lonely. How about you?"

Y/n shrugged, "I'm not the one giving birth. I can't be picky."

A slight grin grew at the corners of Y/n's mouth. He chuckled, fishing for Minju's attention.

"What?" she asked.

"Remember when you thought you'd get pregnant by-"

"AISH!!" Minju slapped Y/n's shoulder, "Don't remind me of that!!!"