Pt2Ch63: Starship IV

"Do you have kids of your own?" Y/n asked.

"Three," Kami replied. "Two of them are twins."

Y/n scratched his head. "Is taking care of Daehyun tedious? Four kids sounds like a lot to handle."

"I'm fine. I have Ji Hoon hyung's daughter too," Kami assured.

"Ah... Right," Y/n mumbled.

With a gentle smile, Kami patted Y/n's shoulder. "I have other people who take care of the children too. Don't worry."

Y/n extended Daehyun toward Kami, bowing to the god as he slipped into the shadows. With a soft smile, he placed a note on his pillow, pecking Minju's cheek. "I'll be back before you wake up."

Bae summoned a black bird underneath himself, rising into the air as it formed. Next to his mount, Gaeul, Rei and Yan each gave him a differing look with their eyes.

"Are you sure you want to go alone?" Rei frowned.

A soft smile raised the corners of Bae's mouth. He slid down the bird, rubbing Rei's head. "I'm the only one who can go. Kami hyung only allows specific people into his home."

"Say hi to everyone there for me," Gaeul waved.

"And don't die," Yan added.

Bae climbed atop the shadowy bird, rolling his eyes. "Why do you guys always say that? You might jinx it."

"Then just don't," Yan snickered. "You're the base of our communications, so if you die then everything crumbles beneath us."

"Yeah, yeah." Bae lifted into the air, waving toward the three. "I'll be back within the next week or something. Depends on how long I stay at Hyung's place."

"Stay safe!!" Rei shouted.

Like an arrow tearing through the sky Bae flew over Starship's land with the wind roaring in his ears. He remained at top speed throughout a majority of his two-day travel to Kami's cave, slowing down only to eat and sleep. Inside the cave, Bae followed the given path explained by Kami revealing a large open cavern where the dwarven city resided. Bae followed the path around the perimeter of the cave until he crossed the stone bridge and entered the walls.

Jinju approached Bae with a blank expression. Her white hair swayed with her steps, contrasting with the black shoulderless top she wore. Despite her steps being light enough to not make a sound, her chest bounced with each step, beckoning Bae's eyes to observe the phenomena. With every bit of willpower, he resisted the urge out of respect for his brother, and fear she'd slap him.

"Woah..." Bae breathed.

"Your eyes are just as red as his," Jinju commented. "I'm Jinju, your brother's wife."

"H-Hello," Bae mumbled. "Where is Hyung right now?"

"Deeper in the cave. I'll take you to him," Jinju replied.

Before exiting through the walls, Bae took in the dwarven architecture throughout the city. Among the small buildings, a noticeably larger set of houses stood out in the back leading Bae to the assumption they were meant for its human residents.

While he walked, Bae stole glances from Jinju's figure. Compared to his peers she held an hourglass figure shaped from working out. Aside from the standard routines taught at the academy, none of the females in his batch actively worked out.

Maybe I should work out with Rei. See if she can be like that...

Grunts and the sound of metal clashing rang through the corridor, growing louder as the two stepped closer to the Dragonforge's entrance. Hayoung rushed Kami with a flurry of strikes yet the man danced around them with his arms behind his back. Hayoung panted as Bae and Jinju approached the training area prompting Kami to glance toward the visitors.