Pt2Ch69: Starship X

Yujin fixed her posture with a soft sigh. She straightened her military uniform before knocking on the commander's doors--opening the door in response to the man's acknowledgement. Compared to Chaeyeon's office, the room appeared significantly larger, but also blander. Simple decorations such as paintings adorned the walls, but that was the extent of it--unlike Chaeyeon's furniture and figures and bookshelves.

A handful of agents from both IZLand and Starship's sides gathered in the room in their respective military attire. Though they didn't declare their allegiance, Yunjin, Kazuha, Garam, and Eunchae attended the meeting. As Yujin took a spot in the room, K.Will cleared his throat.

"With the invasion taking place in less than half a year, I think we should take the initiative to get stronger." The commander caged his hands with his elbows rested on his desk. "How about we split everyone in this room into two teams have have a mock battle?"

Suddenly, the Hanams turned their heads. They looked in the same direction with the same disbelief and same shock. Yujin eyed her peers' reactions as did the rest who could not sense the approach mass of energy. K.Will gripped his cane, gesturing toward the door prompting a grid of light to form on the floor.

A woman with orange hair and light green eyes stepped in front of the door causing the grid she occupied to illuminate. Its borders rose into the air, creating walls of energy.

"What the fuck is that...?" Yunjin breathed.

"What's wrong?" Yujin whispered.

"There is someone on the other side of that door. A monster," Yunjin replied.

Three firm knocks echoed through the room, sending its inhabitants on edge. Some took a step back from the door while others held their breath in anticipation. Another set of knocks echoed, but louder.

"Wait! It's been so long I forgot what that it felt like!!" Hyunwoo approached the door with a wide smile. "Jang Wonyoung's there, and there's only one person who could have such a large wellspring! Park Ji Hoon-"

Hyunwoo opened the door, furrowing his eyebrows as he laid eyes on Riwon, Daeun and Wonyoung. Hyunwoo's senses told him the blindfolded girl that stood before him was Park Ji Hoon. Daeun's features resembled his from her hair down to the way she stood, but his gut told him she was a completely different person.

"Wonyoung ssi, who is this person walking around with Park Ji Hoon's wellspring? Was he not dead all this time and just turned into a child?" Hyunwoo questioned.

"She's our kid," Wonyoung replied.

Hyunwoo eyed Daeun, receiving a stare back. Just like her father, he could tell she saw everything and more behind her covers. Potent energy flowed through the entirety of her body--energy he knew could shake the world if harnessed correctly. "How old is she?"

"Six," Daeun answered.

To be so strong at six. Has her allele even manifested? If she has his allele then...

"You're telling me the next Park Ji Hoon is standing in front of me?" K.Will rose from his seat. "I'd like to check that."

Wonyoung kneeled in front of her daughter, cupping her face. "Don't push yourself too hard, okay?"

"Are you saying that with or without your allele, Mom?" Daeun asked.

"I'm saying it as a mother," Wonyoung answered.

Daeun nodded before turning toward her opponent. Not only did the members of the conference watch on the sidelines, but various civilians gathered at the edge of the gated section. Their curious eyes focused on the young girl with some questioning the military's intentions.