Chapter Seventy-Seven: Reveal

Myeongyeong pressed her thumb against the pad of her index finger, applying pressure perpendicularly to the length the digit. The moment her joint cracked, the numerous halls transformed to an open cavern. Hooded henchmen numbering in the dozens surrounded the two--each armed with a weapon of their own.

Before he could make his move, the golden markings running along Y/n's body dissipated, taking his sword with it. A throbbing pulse froze the left side of his body, causing Y/n to stumble backward.

"If you surrender, we won't have to kill you," Myeongyeong grinned.

Y/n took a deep breath, exhaling with a smirk, "If you surrender, I won't kill you."

"You?" The woman scoffed, crossing her arms, "Am I mistaken? There's only one of you."

"You are." Y/n stood straight, leveling his eyes with Myeongyeong's, "You gave me a weapon."

Sharp whistling filled air preceding in a snap akin to a whip. Y/n reappeared next to his target, breaking the man's wrist with a kick before taking his katana. His eyes darted around the enclosure, guiding him to the henchmen approaching Minju.

Y/n tore through the bodies around him without mercy. His body danced around Minju's harmoniously, leading him to the right place at the right time.

Slowly, Y/n felt himself relapse. The thrill of battle flooded his very cells, fueling each parry and counterstrike he made. He basked in the rush his breathing techniques brought, and the electric feeling in his fingertips from swinging a sword.

In the midst of his dance, Y/n threw two razors toward Myeongyeong--one toward her head, and one toward her feet. The woman slipped between the two without troubles. She clicked her tongue, preparing to crack another finger.

"Earth Release: Crust Maw!"

Myeongyeong's feet sank into the ground, trapping her ankles in place. Her breath hitched as a kunai pressed against her neck-malice oozing from its base.

"You can't kill me!" She grit her teeth, turning her head. As she did, the kunai dug into her skin, drawing blood to the dagger's edge.

"That doesn't mean I won't."

Nako sprinted forward, weaving her hands together before slamming them to the ground.

"Wood Release: Riot Arrest!!"

Thick beams of wood surged from the ground, entrapping large clusters of the henchmen in cross-hatched cells. She fell backward, huffing with a large smile.

"I did it, Hii chan!"

Hitomi struck the back of Myeongyeong's neck, causing the woman to fall onto her, limply. "Good job."

From above, a large square-shaped hole opened to the surface. Tatsuo, among a dozen officers, dropped into the room, prompting Y/n to lug Minju toward his teammates.

"You again," Tatsuo mumbled toward Y/n.

"Tatsuo san!!" Nako shouted. "I'm glad you responded!"

"The commander wants a report on her desk by the end of today," Tatsuo replied.

The three students made their way back to the open air with Minju on Y/n's back. They started toward the academy building in silence, but the expression on Y/n's face told the two kunoichi everything they needed to know.

"Eunbi unnie went home," Nako reassured.

Y/n nodded his head, "Yeah... Thanks for helping out back there."

"If there's anything you're good at, it's causing a scene," Hitomi chuckled. "We were on our way home when we saw you two running."

"Right after our practice too..."