Pt2Ch66: Starship VII

Y/n clutched his head, groaning in agony. Energy pooled into his fist as he repeatedly slammed it against the ground, kicking up dirt into the air. Days passed since he last saw Riwon, but he didn't know that.

Voices, both malicious and benevolent, fought for control in a bout that threatened to tear Y/n's skull in two. He pounded against his head in hopes the aching would leave, yet doing so only loosened the hold he had over his body. Hours flew by with the only reprieve he earned being when he exhausted himself. Y/n's groans echoed through the forest well into the afternoon, each slightly weaker than the last.

From above, a shadowy figure descended into the forest. Y/n's kirin brandished its horn, preparing to smite Bae down like it had the other monsters whose corpses littered the area. Bae held his hands up, showing the summon his intentions. Slowly, Bae approached Y/n until he could shake his former teammate's shoulder.

Y/n jolted, kicking Bae away. The young man flew toward the trees, passing harmlessly into his shadow before emerging from one nearby. Though he blocked the kick, Bae's arms throbbed.

Compared to before, this guy's a monster... How did he grow so strong so fast...?

"What's wrong?" Bae shouted. "I know you're in pain! Tell me and I can help you!"

"Help... help... help!!! That's all you guys say!!" Y/n stood on his feet prompting his kirin to stand behind him. "How can you people help me when you're trying to stop me?! How can you help when you can even understand what I'm going through??"

"We're not trying to stop you! We just want you to come back," Bae argued. "If you talked to us, we could understand-"

"No!!" Y/n clutched his face. "No..."

Bae watched the light flicker in Y/n's eyes. His expressions swayed and his hands shook as if he were fighting for control over his body. Bae kneaded the unpaired earring dangling from his earlobe. The blue orb hanging from his earring glowed faintly before reverting to its inert form. "What did they do to you...?"

"Nothing!" Y/n stood straight, letting off a heavy sigh. The light in his eyes no longer illuminated his gaze; instead, a cold, dead stare pierced Bae. "They did nothing."

"Look, I don't want to fight you." Bae extended his palms toward Y/n. "See? We can just talk."

Y/n summoned an axe to his hand. He spun it in his hand before creating another. "We used to be equals, right? If you can beat me in a fight, I'll think about it."

The axe heads glowed with a green light as Y/n swung them, sending blades of wind through the air. Bae's shadow warped around his body, creating a large bear to swat the blades away. As Bae summoned two more, an axe spun through the first bear causing Bae to duck.

He threw it?

Y/n stepped before the two remaining bears with a war hammer in hand. His footsteps splintered the ground, mirroring the extra power surging through his body. With one swing, Y/n tore a hole cleanly through the first shadow bear. He tore through the second just as easily before throwing the war hammer toward Bae.

Through pure instinct to stay alive, Bae leaned backward and under the hammer. Ear piercing echoes filled the forest as the hammer smashed through tree after tree.

That would have killed me instantly-!! He can't throw something like that normally... But he can store alleles in his weapons. Is that Hyewon mom's allele? It must be.

Y/n teleported behind Bae, grabbing the dagger planted in at his feet. Its course immediately set for the side of Bae's skull; behind him, three shuriken spun through the air. Though he didn't know their effects, Bae summoned another bear behind his back to tank the shuriken.