Pt2Ch28: Invasion I

A/n: This chapter gets really graphic. If you cannot handle torture and/or similar subjects, please skip to the next chapter. I will provide a breakdown of this chapter in an author's note at the start of Chapter 28.
Viewer Discretion is advised
-Wontomi8

Hana laid in her bathtub, panting. She clutched her head while her body emptied the contents of her stomach into the tub. Crackles of lightning snapped throughout her body--each arc bringing a moment of relief before her symptoms resumed. A raging fire burned behind her eyes, spreading to the rest of her body. Her limbs splayed numbly in the puddle of her vomit and feces, and the bulge in her stomach threw her hormones into haywire.

In and out, Hana's consciousness faded with her body's violent reaction to the disease keeping her from fully falling asleep. Between her breaths, coarse coughs tore her throat apart, and sent waves of throbbing pain through her torso. Her words came out weakly, though she only wanted to say one.

"Kyu..."

Eunchae lifted her head to take in the pearly IZLand capital walls. A large smile spread across her face, pressing her cheeks against her eyes. "Woah... We're actually here!!"

As the group approached the seemingly empty gates, Keisuke stepped between them and the capital. "Turn back. An epidemic has broken out in the capital; no one is allowed to enter."

Yunjin furrowed her eyebrows, "We were told to go to the commander."

Keisuke crossed his arms, "Who told you that?"

"Ahn Y/n."

"Y/n? He's still alive?" Keisuke asked, wide eyed. After pondering, Keisuke gestured inside the gates. "Follow me. I'll escort you."

Y/n stood atop IZLand's walls with Yuri at his side. A bittersweet sense of nostalgia filled him as he eyed the distant academy field.

They added two new buildings? They look like dorms.

Though hearing anything from the top would normally be impossible, the capital still felt quiet. The once bustling streets laid empty of any activity, save for the hospitals.

I hope not many people die from this. Dr. Miyawaki can probably cure this thing in a couple weeks, but she's just one person.

"Are you sure you want to watch?" Yuri asked. "You'll be watching us take over your hometown."

"I'm supposed to, right? You told me I'm here to make sure things go smoothly," Y/n said.

Yuri nodded, "That's true."

"How are we sure I won't be spotted?" Y/n questioned. "You and I both know that there's Hanams basically everywhere."

"After your awakening, looking at your wellspring will be like looking at a friend who you haven't seen for years. At first glance they won't know it's you, but if they look for a long time, they might realize," Yuri explained. "Just don't let them look for a long time."

Three swirling black masses formed next to Y/n, molding into Maxwell, John, and Jesse. With a snap of their fingers, three blue portals appeared behind them, allowing Orca foot soldiers to pour through.

Jesse swiped his hand through the air, creating an ice slide to IZLand's floor. "Let the invasion begin!!"

Minho stepped into Sakura's office, wiping his forehead. His sunken eyes dulled as he looked at the sickly bodies Sakura tended to. Of them all, Sakura stood next to Chaeyeon's bed most often.