Pt2Ch70: Starship XI

"Just the two of us?" Riwon mumbled. "What about Rei and Gaeul unnie?"

"I'll talk to them about it, but Ms. Jang seems to want the two of us to go to the island." Bae rose from his sheets with his gaze deep in his palms. "I have something I need to do."

Riwon paused. She softly clutched her body, recalling the bliss she felt hugging Y/n. "Okay. Let me know before we head out."

As Riwon left, Bae heaved a heavy sigh. The thought of facing Gaeul and the hateful words she might want to say made the idea less and less appealing. If possible, taking off with Riwon right now would make the situation a lot easier to think about.

"I'm just like Y/n..." Bae breathed.

The sound of the front door clicking shot into Bae's nerves. He collected himself before entering the hallway where Rei and Gaeul walked to their rooms. The former rushed into her room—the first in the hallway—while Gaeul continued walking to hers, the last.

"Gaeul-"

"Fuck off," Gaeul growled.

Bae took a deep breath, grabbing Gaeul's wrist. "This is important. I need to talk to you about something."

Gaeul pulled her wrist free with minimal effort, shoving Bae away and into the wall. "Shove it up your ass."

"Can you listen?!" Bae snapped.

Gaeul froze. She stormed toward Bae, grabbing his collar. "I'm fighting every urge to slap the shit out of you and you're talking to me like this?"

"Because it's important!" Bae shouted.

"Important?! Our definition of 'important' is clearly different because you want to help that fucking traitor!!" Gaeul cocked her hand back, but before she could swing, a hand grabbed her arm.

"You're going too far," Yan scolded.

"Let go of me before I beat the shit out of both of you," Gaeul glared.

Yan scoffed. "I'd like to see you try."

"Enough!!" Rei's voice boomed through the house at a volume only thought possible with Eunbi. "I am sick and tired of you this!! Gaeul unnie, I get that you're mad, but Bae oppa is trying to talk and you're getting mad at him being annoyed when you're the reason why he's getting annoyed! Oppa, can you stop saying things like 'let me talk' and 'can you listen'? It only makes things worse and annoys me!"

Rei turned to Yan. "And can you just leave?"

Yan threw her hands up as she walked away. With a reluctant sigh, Gaeul pulled away. She folded her arms, shooting daggers into Bae. "Speak."

"There's an island southeast of the continent that allegedly has a lot of monsters. Riwon and I are going to go there, and I wanted to ask if you two wanted to go too," Bae explained.

"I... I don't know, Oppa," Rei frowned. "I think I need time with all the stuff you told us."

"When are you two heading out?" Gaeul asked.

Bae pursed his lips. "We don't have an exact time, but we'll probably need to leave soon if we want to be here for the retake."

Gaeul stared deep into Bae's eyes. Her seething rage simmered down to a tamer glare before softening ever-so-slightly. "I'll go. I guess I was wrong about you being like Y/n."

Seoyoung hummed as she bit into the large brownie. Its size eclipsed her hand forcing her to hold it with both. Tiny brown crumbs dropped onto her black sweater prompting her to swipe them off before refocusing her attention back onto the brownie.