Pt2Ch15: Resolution

Y/n yawned as he watched Yuri dig through the pile of futuristic looking items. Tables with blueprints lined the large room while metal scraps and other miscellaneous items Y/n saw as junk laid around. Yuri mumbled to herself as the items flew through the air before shooting up.

"Aha! I found it!!" Yuri turned to Y/n with her hands behind her back, "You're gonna love this."

Y/n raised an eyebrow, "What?"

"It's like a bow, but way better," Yuri grinned. She extended her hand, pointing the hand cannon toward Y/n, "Watch."

A deafening bang echoed through the room. Y/n flinched, snatching the metal pellet from the air. As he dropped the bullet, Y/n wagged his hand. A small bruise slightly larger than the projectile itself formed in the center of Y/n's palm.

"Cool, right?" Yuri twirled the gun in her hand, "It's one of the weird prototypes we got from the other world. With some runes, I could probably make it faster than you."

"It's really loud," Y/n commented. "What's the point of it if Ms. Ezaki's were way faster without making a sound?"

Yuri tossed Y/n the firearm, "It's a prototype, dummy. In the future, we can probably give these to our normal guys and give them a fighting chance. Think you can make something like it?"

Y/n examined the gun. He rotated and flipped it, before creating an identical frame in his other hand. Though it looked like an exact copy, when he pulled the trigger, nothing happened.

"I guess not," Y/n frowned.

"That's okay," Yuri sighed. "It'll probably take you some time since it's more than just a sword."

Y/n pouted, "I'm more than just a sword..."

"You'll have to prove that to me," she chuckled.

From the storage room's entrance, a tall man with scarlet red hair and eyes to match stepped through. A medical eyepatch covered one eye, yet Y/n felt his stare through the cotton. He glanced toward Y/n before looking down on Yuri. "The big man upstairs has a mission for you."

"It better be something good, Maxwell," Yuri glared.

Maxwell crossed his arms with a raised eyebrow, "Good enough that Jotaro refused to give it to you?"

A mischievous grin spread across Yuri's face, "Go on..."

"That man you hate so much... Park Ji Hoon. His wife has been training their daughter, and she's becoming a problem--so much so that if we don't eliminate her, she'll be a direct counter to you," Maxwell explained. He pointed to the roof, "They want you to eliminate both of them."

Yuri cracked her neck, letting off a heavy, pleased sigh, "With pleasure. How do they expect me to get past the woman's prescience?"

"She's been using it persistently ever since she left her cave. She has to rest at some point," Maxwell replied. He turned to the door, throwing his hand up, "Good luck out there."

Y/n stared uneasily into the floor as Maxwell departed. He waited for the door to close before turning to Yuri. "Mr. Park had a child...? And you're going to kill them?"

Yuri continued digging through the pile, nodding, "Yup. And you're going to help me. Because of the incident all that time ago, you're undetectable. You'll watch them while they travel and let me know when the woman gets tired."

"I..." Y/n stepped back, shaking his head, "I don't know if I can do that. I don't want to-"

Yuri blinked in front of Y/n, grabbing his collar, "Have you forgotten what I told you already?? They're the bad guys! IZLand has more than enough people to help bring peace to this place, yet what have they done? They've sat around on their asses twiddling their thumbs! Park Ji Hoon himself had the power to unify this place!!"