Pt2Ch67: Starship VIII

Bae took a deep breath. Energy flowed around his body smoother than ever and his wellspring oscillated in size as if it were his own heart. Residue of the black sparks crackled around his fist, but what stood out to him most was the expansion of his allele. The shadows grew deeper, darker and more potent, but another ability lingered in his allele.

Bae placed his hands on the sauropod's remains, absorbing its essence into his allele. He chuckled at the idea of stealing Y/n's target, but his laughter quickly subsided as Y/n stepped closer. Y/n panted and his skin grew pale from energy overuse. Despite that, there was no doubt in either combatant that he could still beat Bae in his state.

With newly resolute confidence Bae weaved his fingers together, interlocking his knuckles next to one another. His dragon roared as shadows swirled around his feet. "You don't want to do this," Bae warned.

Y/n formed his kirin orb into a scythe. "Yes I do."

The two acted at once with Y/n blinking in front of Bae and Bae activating his new ability. Liquid shadows spread from Bae's feet and onto the forest floor turning the entirety of its surface into one large shadow.

Donain Expansion: Chimera Shadow Garden

Y/n sank into the shadow prompting him to summon an orb above his head. He pulled himself out of the shadows, turning the orb into a foothold. As he prepared to crash down a bolt of lightning from the clouds above, Bae summoned the sauropod. Y/n examined the two beasts behind Bae, clicking his tongue before flying off.

With a relieved sigh, Bae collapsed forward and into the shadowfell. His summons and domain alike dissipated, closing the portal between the dark plane and the overworld. With what remained of his fleeting consciousness Bae recounted the factors that led to their stalemate.

Thank the gods he didn't think he could breathe in here... And that black flash—Yena said it changed her understanding of energy, but I didn't think it would awaken my allele. Now that I can absorb monsters, I might be able to counter Y/n. For now, I need to rest.

Y/n stumbled into his room, collapsing into Minju's arms. The fox carried him to his bed with worry plaguing her face. She connected to his fatigued wellspring, drawing from his memories. As she began to watch his internal struggle an external force severed their connection. Minju reconnected, but the interval between the latter half of his encounter with Riwon and his subsequent encounter with Bae disappeared from his memories.

"What happened to you, Oppa?"

Minju nestled herself underneath Y/n's arm. With her head on his chest, she felt the outline of Y/n's wellspring. The smooth flame she first sensed when they met grew coarse over time while her own did the opposite. Minju traced circles over Y/n's navel in an attempt to massage Y/n's fatigued wellspring and propagate its recovery.

While she laid in his arm, Minju played through Y/n's memories. She took in Hayoung's teachings, but she also frequented Y/n's memories with Kim Minju. A smile spread across her face as she couldn't help but see herself in the young girl's position. Months of memories laid cataloged for Minju to watch and even insert herself into. If she suspended her disbelief, she could imagine Y/n's pure and immature love reach out to her heart.

Y/n knocked on the Kim residence, smiling as Minju's mother opened the door. Behind her Minju approached the door in a black long sleeve crop top and loose white trousers. The fox swept her hair back, allowing her curtain bangs to set neatly next to her face.