Pt2Ch45: JYP VI

Incomprehensible power surged around Yena's fist, reverberating through the air as she tore Taecyeon's body apart. Though briefly, an aura of Yena's energy coated her body, appearing visible to her eye. Just by breathing, she felt her control refine to heights she couldn't fathom. Yena stepped back from the blood and gore, holding her hand over her mouth.

He died from that?

Two daggers opposite in color emerged from the remains of Taecyeon's body. They hovered in front of Yena, humming with a faint drone. Yena took the daggers into her hand, gasping as they integrated with her body. Together, the blades melded with Yena's wellspring as if they had chosen her over Taecyeon.

Minjun rushed into the room, freezing as he observed the scene. His eyes switched between the faintly recognizable body of his teammate, and Yena, bleeding with confusion. "What happened here?!"

"He-He attacked me!!" Yena said, raising her hands into the air.

Minjun stared into Taecyeon's remains, exhaling heavily. Instead of the hatred Yena expected to be directed toward her, Minjun frowned. The look of betrayal coated his face, easing the tension in the room.

"We suspected he wasn't completely on our side. Since he was in here instead of fighting outside, that about confirms it," Minjun mumbled.

Eunbi and Chaeryoung entered the room, the latter equally as disappointed as Minjun. Both JYP powerhouses' disappointment quickly dissipated as they turned to Yena with skeptical eyes.

There's something fundamentally different about her wellspring.

Minjun scanned Yena from head to toe. Aside from the blood covering her body, nothing appeared to change compared to the last time he saw her. Yet, her wellspring gained an edge. Every newborn wellspring is smooth without any ridges. It passively moves through the body like blood; rises and curls around the body like smoke when a person uses it.

Wellsprings can only gain special properties when a person awakens--even then it's rare. But nothing about her tells me she's awakened...

Eunbi pulled Yena into a hug, squeezing her in her embrace. "Never do that again. When I tell you what to do, listen--he could have killed you."

"Yeah, but I became fireproof," Yena chuckled. "He didn't stand a chance."

"How did you beat him?" Minjun questioned. "By all means he should have been able to kill you tenfold before you landed a scratch on him."

"And that spike in your wellspring earlier. No one of your caliber should be able to output that much energy. What happened?" Chaeryoung added.

Yena looked to her fist, flowing energy to her knuckles. "I did something called a 'Black Flash'. I don't know why, but I also saw Mr. Park."

"You saw Ji Hoon?!" Eunbi gasped.

Minjun and Chaeryoung exchanged glances, holding their breath at the mention of IZLand's former pillar. Minjun exhaled softly, turning back to Yena. "Where is he? How did you see him?"

"We were in this white space with golden clouds. He told me to shout the words 'black flash' as I hit it just to make it cooler and then I came back here and hit the punch." Yena explained.

"That sounds like him," Eunbi mumbled.

Minjun turned to Eunbi, squinting, "Speaking of Park Ji Hoon, how do you know him? He only taught the pillars how to mask their wellspring, yet you were able to do it just last week. Now you're speaking like you knew him personally."

"I did. He and I were close friends before he joined the academy, " Eunbi replied.

Chaeryoung eyed Minjun, shaking her head, "No."