Pt2Ch41: JYP II

Eunbi glanced into the cellar, furrowing her eyebrows. She removed the sound barrier, stepping into the cellar. "Where are Il and Jia?"

Hyunjin scratched her neck, "Uh... I don't know."

Eunbi sighed. She rushed out of the cellar with Yena following behind. The two split up, heading in opposite directions. Yena morphed herself into a pigeon, scanning each street she passed by. Periodically, she passed an agent, but her unassuming form removed her from suspicion. Deep into the capital, Yena spotted Jia frantically scanning her surroundings. She dropped next to the girl, startling her.

"What are you doing here?" Yena questioned.

"Il ssi saw something and ran off," Jia replied. She pointed deep into the alley, "He went into there, but it's been a while since he did."

Yena clicked her tongue. She patted the girl's shoulder before sprinting into the alleyway.

Il skidded to a stop, raising his arms. He tilted his head, narrowly avoiding the dagger digging into his face. Once more, Il took off after the men, gritting his teeth.

I can't use any attacks or I might alert guards. What a pain in the ass.

Il chased the two men into a bar, huffing as he walked to the center of the building. Tables littered the interior with a large counter at the back of the room where the bartender stood. Similar to a tavern, a set of stairs near the bartender led to a second floor where a set of rooms appeared to house patrons. The lively bar ambience dimmed down and its patrons turned to Il as a slow clap echoed through the building.

"Would you look at that! I actually found an IZLand refugee!!" a voice boomed. Taecyeon emerged from the second floor, clapping. "Leave it to you guys to fall for a trap like this!"

"This was a trap?" Il questioned.

Taecyeon crossed his arms, "Yes. That is what I said. You IZLand scum have a sense of righteousness and justice to you that makes me sick. But that's what'll make killing you all the more fun!"

"I don't get it, you're allied with IZLand! Why would you do this?" Il shouted.

"Me?" Taecyeon chuckled, "I'm not. I hate you guys just as much as everyone else in Orca."

"So you're with Orca," Il mumbled. "That means I don't have to hold back."

Taecyeon blinked next to Il with a wide, sadistic grin, "Go ahead and try."

Il raised his guard, grimacing as Taecyeon punched through--sending him flying through the bar. The patrons caught him, standing him upright before pushing him back toward Taecyeon.

"You can't lose now! That'll be boring!!"

Il pooled his energy into his fist and feet, swinging with all of his might. No matter how hard he swung, or how much energy he pooled into his hands, Taecyeon dodged with ease.

"What rank are you? Senam?" Taecyeon cackled. "There's no way you graduated from the academy with skills like this!!"

The man caught Il's punch, frowning, "You're no fun."

Il opened his hand, revealing a red ball of energy. He fired the beam, forcing Taecyeon to lean out of the way. Taecyeon pulled Il by his wrist, thrusting his fist into the man's stomach. Taecyeon lifted Il's unconscious body, tossing it to a nearby patron.

"Take him to be questioned. I'll probably break easily."

Suddenly, a window on the second floor shattered, pulling everyone's eyes to Yena as she slashed the back of a man's neck. Yena landed on the banister, quickly scanning the room before leaping toward Taecyeon.