Ch2Pt37: Pnation III

Riwon bounced off the ground, curling her neck as pins shot through her tail and into her brain. Sweat, dirt, and bruises covered her body from head to toe, but she still stood on her feet. Instead of retrieving her cloak or figuring out who the man is, Riwon focused on killing him. She conjured a spear to her hand, hurling it toward his head. As it grew close, she dismissed it, appearing in front of him with the spear in her hand.

Breath of the Star: Quasar

The moment her spear tip touched the ground, the ground melded into a single point before exploding violently. With each passing minute, Riwon grew increasingly violent. She moved faster, swung harder, and kept her balance more consistently. Still, none of her strikes grew remotely close to touching the old man.

"How can you even dream of catching up to Y/n like this?" the man questioned.

"Don't say his name!!" Riwon snapped.

Once more, she hurled her spear. Electricity trailed behind the weapon like a comet's tail. As the man jumped over it, a bolt of lightning struck the spear from above. Simultaneously, another violent explosion tore the grassland apart. The man swung his foot behind Riwon, raising an eyebrow as she ducked under.

The two took turns weaving between one another's attacks. Whenever they didn't dodge, they blocked, painting a stalemate on the battlefield. Despite neither side landing a hit on one another, Riwon's body slowly grew acclimated to harnessing the Total Concentration technique. She worked toward minimizing the energy she pumped her body with, preventing her body from tearing apart.

When it came time to use the special techniques, Riwon spread the converted energy throughout her body, softening the impact before accumulating it into her blade.

Breath of the Star: Big Bang

Riwon moved to swing her blade down, furrowing her eyes as the man stopped the attack at her wrists. He threw her cloak over her head, fastening the button with the same hand.

"Good work. Remember what you've learned for tomorrow."

Just like he came the man disappeared in the wind, leaving no trace of himself. A dense wellspring Riwon recognized as Jaesang's descended from above, turning her head toward the approaching pillar.

"What's going on here?" he asked.

"There... there was someone here," Riwon panted.

Jaesang scanned the ruined fields with a soft sigh, "Well, they're gone now. Tomorrow, you guys will stay home. I have to head out to check up on a disturbance toward the border, so your trainers will be stationed on high alert."

"O-Okay," Riwon nodded.

"You look tired, Riwon," Hyungseo commented. "Did you not sleep well last night?"

Riwon rubbed her eyes, yawning as she shook her head. She bit into a slice of toast, sleepily munching while Cocona and Jisoo washed dishes. "Someone attacked me last night."

"Attacked you?" Hyungseo brought her and Riwon's empty plate to the sink, setting it down, "What do you mean? Are you okay?"

"Dunno," Riwon shrugged. She followed Hyungseo out the front door, placing her chin on the formerly older girl's shoulder. "He just attacked me and then told me to remember everything because I'll need it for today."