59

The leisurely afternoon passed slowly.

At around two o'clock in the afternoon, someone knocked on the gate of the yard.

Cui Jiaqi's voice came from outside, "Yue Ze, are you there? Open the door."

Huo Yueze went to open the door, "What's the matter? You ran so fast."

"I heard from my neighbor over there that the non-staple food store has two carts of fresh Chinese cabbage and white radish this afternoon. There is no limit to Chinese cabbage. You can buy it with the non-staple food book and household registration book. First come, first served, until sold out .” Cui Jiaqi gasped.

His yard was almost renovated, and he packed all his luggage three days ago, and moved in that night.

When he moved, he also changed the store specified in his grain and non-staple food book to be near the tailor shop, and started his brand new life.

After just three days, with his eloquent lips and thick skin, Cui Jiaqi got to know the neighbors pretty well.

"Can I buy it now?" Huo Yueze asked.

"Yes, brother, you take your sister-in-law to line up first, and I also have to go home to get a sack. It's rare to come across unlimited Chinese cabbage. I just use this Chinese cabbage to make a big vat of sauerkraut."

Huo Yueze made fun of him, "Do you know how to pickle sauerkraut?"

Cui Jiaqi winked at him deliberately, "I asked my sister-in-law to do it for me. This winter, I must make my kitchen look better."

"Did you fall in love with a little girl?" Huo Yueze said with a smile, otherwise why are you so active in showing yourself in the kitchen?

"I'll talk to you in the afternoon. I'll go back to get the sack first. Hurry up and queue up. It'll be gone if you're late." Cui Jiaqi left in a hurry.

Huo Yueze and Cheng Zhou rushed to the grocery store in the West District with their back baskets and sacks. At the end of the street was the West Street Grain Store, and the two stores were very close to each other.

There was a long queue at the door of the non-staple food store early on. Looking at it roughly, there were at least fifty people in line.

Cheng Zhou walked to the back of the line, complaining to Huo Yueze, worried that when they lined up at the door of the store, they might not even be able to buy a corner of Chinese cabbage and white radish...

Huo Yueze laughed and let him think about it. The two stood in the back and lined up for not long, but the line behind them got longer and longer.

Cheng Zhou was a little relieved. They were located in the middle of the line, and they would definitely be able to buy Chinese cabbage and white radish.

In fact, they can buy these things in the black market. With Huo Yueze's ability, they can even get a large amount of fresh vegetables and fruits at once.

But Cheng Zhou thought about it carefully, and the two of them couldn't seem too independent among the neighbors who were scrambling to line up early to buy things.

Others are always paying attention to the announcements of the grain store and the non-staple food store, always thinking about queuing up in front of the store to buy things, but in this block, they are the only two who take their time and only come here once every three days. Isn't that telling others that there is a problem at home?

So he and Huo Yueze decided to follow the trend in the future and try not to go around the black market as much as possible. Relying on their wages and food supply share, they can live comfortably enough.