109

In fact, it was still a bit heavy, but he only carried it for ten minutes, and he didn't need to carry it when he got on the donkey cart.

When he arrived in the town, he planned to find a place where no one was around, and secretly put the remaining sweet potatoes into the space button, which would make it easier.

Ge Cuihua was hesitant to speak, but then she wanted to speak, and she was struggling to remind: "Bring such a small amount of food, what if there is not enough food?"

Cheng Zhou wasn't worried about this at all, "It's okay, I'll be back in a week at most."

"Besides, if it's not enough to eat, I'll eat my friend's rations, find a job later, and make up for him after receiving his salary."

What are you afraid of, if the rations are not enough, you can rely on the food in the space button to deal with it for a few days.

Ge Cuihua knew that he was not someone who was willing to treat her badly, so she said angrily: "If there is no food to eat, then come back early."

"Hey, I know, I know." Cheng Zhou giggled.

Ge Cuihua sent him to the donkey cart at the entrance of the village. The two came early, and there were basically only a few people sitting on the platform behind the donkey cart.

Dali's father, Wang Jianshan, sat at the front alone, and greeted him: "It's a small boat, you're going to the town, right? Come, sit here, it's not so bumpy sitting here."

Cheng Zhou unceremoniously sat at the front, put the basket behind him, and said with a smile, "Thank you, Uncle Jianshan."

Ge Cuihua told Cheng Zhou a few more words, and finally said directly: "Auntie is leaving first, you can wait by yourself."

Cheng Zhou avoided the probing eyes of the aunts next to her, urged her to go back and said, "Okay, auntie, I'll be back in a few days, so don't worry."

As soon as Ge Cuihua left, several other aunts in the village made fun of Cheng Zhou and asked him what he was doing in the town. Cheng Zhou just smiled and didn't speak, and sat beside Uncle Jianshan as quietly as a chicken, so as not to be the center of the aunt's chatter Woolen cloth.

He is not stupid, the experience of being blocked and asking questions, once is enough for him to learn a lesson.

Seeing this, Wang Jianshan took a puff of his pipe, and stopped him: "Okay, okay, don't ask, Xiaozhou is thin-skinned, a child from the city must have a serious business in the town."

The owner of the donkey cart spoke, and the aunts couldn't help being curious, but they didn't dare to continue asking, otherwise what would they do if they were driven off the donkey cart?

Finally, no one inquired about him later, and his ears were much cleaner, Cheng Zhou breathed a sigh of relief.

It didn't take long before many villagers came one after another, each carrying big bags and small bags, and the donkey cart was soon full of people sitting next to each other.

Fortunately, Cheng Zhou sat at the front and was close to the donkey, so he didn't have to squeeze with other people.

Wang Jianshan saw that almost everyone was coming, so he put away his cigarette bag and started driving, "Everyone sit down, let's go."

At this time, the sun had not yet come out, and when the donkey cart was moving forward, a cool dewy wind was blowing head-on, and the air was mixed with the smell of vegetation and soil.

At first, Cheng Zhou still had an unstoppable sense of novelty about riding in a donkey cart, enjoying the scenery along the way comfortably.

The donkey cart walked along the road, surrounded by sparse forests, with few people in the middle, and green hills in the distance, lush and green, and the chirping of birds in the trees could be heard on the road.