69

The weather is cold, and everyone is reluctant to go out, and there are naturally very few people in the department store.

Cheng Zhou, Wan Hongfeng and others simply chatted casually around the small stove, and some even came around with a plate of melon seeds to keep warm.

Food is the most important thing for the people, and the topic quickly talked about the recent decrease in the supply of grain stores and non-staple food stores.

Someone said: "How long has it been since the non-staple food store supplied pork? In the past, they could supply pork at least two or three times a month, but last month they only supplied pork once..."

The slightly fat middle-aged woman responded immediately: "Don't mention pork, the non-staple food store can't even supply eggs now. I went to run several times but couldn't buy eggs. I heard a relative who works there say , it is very likely that our food supply will be reduced in the future.”

"Isn't it? True or false? The food supply has been reduced, so aren't we going to starve?"

"Who knows?"

Aunt Zhao laughed disapprovingly, "Don't talk nonsense here, I also have relatives I know in the grain store, and she didn't tell me about such gossip." Alarmist!

The man didn't want to talk to her, "I'll just talk casually, believe it or not."

...

When Qian Dayong came downstairs to inspect, the people around the small stove dispersed like a flock of frightened birds.

Back at the counter, Wan Hongfeng said in a low voice while the two of them were still there: "What Aunt Fat said should be true, and I also think that we may have to reduce our food supply in the future."

Jiang Lili wondered, "How do you know?"

Wan Hongfeng motioned for the two to come closer, and whispered: "I have a high school classmate who works as a salesperson in the Dongfanghong Grain Store. She told me that the number of eggs received has been decreasing recently. There is almost no food to eat."

Cheng Zhou kept silent, he knew about this a long time ago, and everyone in Wangjia Village began to save food carefully.

Chang'an City is considered to be a relatively prosperous provincial capital city, but there is no sign of it yet, and everything seems to be very peaceful and peaceful.

But in some places invisible to the city people, famine is coming quietly.

After work, Cheng Zhou put on his hat, scarf and gloves, fully armed himself, and then left the department store.

"Xiaozhou, wait." Song Zhenzhu ran over and shouted.

"Sister, do you have anything to do with me?" Cheng Zhou was puzzled.

Song Zhenzhu pulled him to an unoccupied corner and said in a low voice, "You'd better stock up on more food, stock up as much as you can, you know?"

She is a person who has lived again, so she naturally knows what will happen in the future.

The famine in the provincial capital here is not serious, and the famine in Shannan Province in Hedong Province is much more serious than that in Chang'an City.

In Chang’an City, everyone can’t get enough to eat, and those who are hungry and malnourished are good. Many people suffer from diseases such as gastric ulcer, gastritis, edema, and emaciation. Most of us survive the hardest days...

In the last life, she didn't have a deep relationship with Cheng Zhou, and she didn't know how Cheng Zhou and the others survived?

Cheng Zhou nodded in doubt, "I know, elder sister, why did you suddenly ask me to stock up on food?"