Extra 3: End Of The World

"Who is it?"

The person who opened the door was a white-haired grandmother, wearing a black cardigan, with age spots all over her face, and wrinkles and ravines between her brows and eyes, squinting her eyes and looking at the person who knocked on the door wonderingly.

"Excuse me, does Song Zhenzhu live here?" Cheng Zhou asked anxiously.

"Who are you?" Seeing that he was looking for Qian's daughter-in-law by name, the old woman opened the yard door to let Cheng Zhou in, then turned around and shouted to the little boy in the yard, "Liu Jin, you go and ask Grandma Qian to come out." , someone is looking for her daughter-in-law."

"Oh, good." The little boy glanced at Cheng Zhou curiously, then ran into the next room and shouted, "Grandma Qian, someone is here for Aunt Song."

The yard is very large, surrounded by houses on three sides, and the layout is U-shaped. A simple hearth is built in front of each house, and there are still a few sticks of firewood left in the dark hearth.

Obviously there are three different families living here, each cooking in front of their own stove in the yard.

There is a public faucet in the middle, and there is a dilapidated barbed wire fence under the pool, with some unknown residue left on it.

Looking at the top of the open space in the yard, there are wires stretched horizontally, on which are two wet clothes dripping with water.

Although the place is a bit crowded, it can be seen that the three families get along very well. At least the front of each door is cleaned cleanly, and even the iron wires for drying clothes are neatly arranged.

Sure enough, without comparison, the benefits of a small yard cannot be revealed.

Looking at it this way, his small courtyard is indeed pretty good, at least it is a single-family courtyard, so you don't have to crowd with others.

"Little comrade, are you here to find my daughter-in-law?" An old woman with black and white hair asked aloud standing at the door of the house.

Cheng Zhou was worried about making the wrong person, so he re-confirmed: "Grandma, is your wife's name Song Zhenzhu? That comrade Song Zhenzhu who sells watches on the second floor of the department store?"

Granny Qian nodded puzzled, "Yes, she is my daughter-in-law."

"You... Are you the only one in the family?" Cheng Zhou was afraid of irritating the old lady, and wanted to find someone else to clarify the matter.

"I'm the only one, little comrade. If you have something to say, just speak up." Seeing that he was hesitating and not speaking, Granny Qian urged him to speak with a very straightforward attitude.

Cheng Zhou could only say anxiously: "Sister Song, she... She had an accident and is now in the hospital."

"What did you say?" A deep voice came from behind.

The man with the square face hurried over, looking simple and honest, before Cheng Zhou turned his head to explain carefully, he saw the man screaming: "Mom, don't worry, I'll go to the hospital right away, you stay at home and wait." I'm back."

Grandma Qian, who was dizzy, held the door and waved her hands hastily: "How can I stay here? Dayong, you take the little comrade to the hospital on a bicycle, and I will rush there behind."

The grey-haired grandmother who opened the door was also standing beside her, and hurriedly interrupted: "Dayong, hurry up, wait for Osmanthus fragrans to come back later, I will let her accompany your mother to the hospital, hurry up."