Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Helping him to get settled on the bed I closed the door before sitting beside him.

Taking a deep breath my legs shook as I rocked back and forth slightly seeking calm before speaking,

"Ok.. so I owe you some info, right?"

Seeing the instant transformation from this relatively calm and put together person to someone who was visibly shivering beside him he couldn't help but reach out to her and take her hand, it was cooler than before as he laced his fingers with hers offering his support.

"I umm.. fuck..if I tell you what I'm about to tell you, you can't tell anyone...I.. don't know how they'd react..PleaseEddie"

Our eyes met, desperation clear in my green eyes as they met his brown. He nodded as his thumb stroked across my palm trying to provide any form of support.

"So as you might've figured out I'm not really from around here.."

He chuckled as he nodded "I would've noticed a beauty like you in this little town"

Surprised that Red barely even blushed at the flirt he continued to listen as he stroked across her pulse point and down her palm his other arm came around her shoulders holding her gently.

"Heh, yea.. I kinda.. dropped in for a visit"

Laughing at the irony of that statement tears gathered in my throat as I stared at the floor.

His thoughts raced thinking back to that moment in time, he thought he'd seen something in the distance as the demobats were swirling around him, that was Red falling from the sky, not a gate but literally from the sky.

"Shit...you really did just fall in didn't you?"

I nodded,

"So..where did you fall..from?"

Sighing I shook my head,

"You wont believe me.."

He shook his head as he released my hand to cup my chin capturing my gaze,

"Hey, I have seen some seriously crazy shit in the last week or so. My scope for believing crazy shit is pretty damn open, whatever you tell me I'll believe it ok. You saved my life. I'm here for you, you're safe here with me"

Taking in a trembling breath I told him, about the show, the dream, who and where I was from and how I thought I ended up here. I buried my face in my hands as the tears took over the last of my resolve, overflowing my eyes and falling down my cheeks.

"Hey, Red...Tinuviel.. it's gonna be ok, you're going to be ok...I believe you...hell I'm just sad that your married!"

At that the damn broke and my tears turned into sobs... I might never see my wife again, my pets, my home...

Instantly regretting his joke he held Red closer, stroking her curls he rocked the two of them back and forth on the bed as a song came to mind, thinking back he remembered the lyrics and sang it softly,

"Sunlight dances through the leaves
Soft winds stir the sighing trees

Lying in the warm grass
Feel the sun upon your face

Elfin songs and endless nights
Sweet wine and soft relaxing lights

Time will never touch you
Here in this enchanted place

You feel there's something calling you
You're wanting to return

To where the misty mountains rise and friendly fires burn
A place you can escape the world