Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Sitting back beside Eddie with a happy sigh I cuddled into his side basking in the calm.

Yawning widely I remembered that I'd only had a few hour long nap in the last 2 days. Looking back at the others I saw that they too weren't far behind, yawning or blinking tiredly.

"So the others should be here in a few hours or so, in the meantime we can rest but we do need to have someone standing guard. Don't want to get caught with our pants down"

Eddie's brows arched wickedly at my comment, he couldn't help picturing more fun meanings for my pants being down.

Poking him in the side I earning a squeak as he arched away my eyes widened "did I hurt you?" I gently prodded the area and earned more squeaks and saw a smile spreading across his face as he squirmed,

"Oh..my...goddess ARE YOU TICKLISH EDDIE MUNSON!?"

Eddie flinched backing away as quickly as he could but it was too late, he was surrounded and didn't stand a chance.

"But..I'm still healing?"

He whined as he backed away from the couch slowly hoping they would believe him

A grinch worthy grin spread across my face as I waltzed towards him

"Oh if that's the case Eddie I should take a look at your wounds and make sure you didn't tear them open..maybe I didn't heal you.. either way we should take a look."

His voice squealed cursing as he ran for the bedroom knowing he'd lost this round

Cheering I grinned wickedly. "Get him"

The group raced after him pouring into the room before he could shut it properly and dove onto the bed as he tried to hide behind it. Fortunately Eleven forwent the use of her abilities though that didn't stop her from guarding the door preventing his escape.

Dustin was the first to tackle him to the bed tickling his sides earning screams of laughter as Eddie struggled. Mike helped hold him still as I sat next to him attacking his ribs and under arms digging into the best spots making him squirm and squeal laughing uncontrollably. If it wasn't for what I thought was the sound of the engine rumbling in the distance I would've kept the proverbial high ground..

Taking advantage of my distraction Eddie rolled over tackled me, pinning me down on the bed, Mike and Dustin smirked shrugging as I cried for help and instead helped hold my legs while Eddie tickled me mercilessly, his musicians fingers found each and every ticklish spot earning him screams of laughter. It wasn't until I gasped for breath laughing so hard I couldn't catch a breath that they let up. Ears twitching again at the sound I heard the engine again, this time I was sure of it.

Panting from the laughter I pushed them away to sit up, seeing my expression change they helped me up

"I hear an engine, Eddie grab the guns, Dustin radio the others, see if it's just them coming home."

Nodding Eleven helped me up she moved to close the curtains and the two of us walked back into the living area, taking my shotgun from Eddie I grinned with pride seeing him holding his own pistol confidently as the three of us approached the door.

Reaching over to turn off the living room light I could cut the tension with the knife, my heart raced as I waited to hear the engine sound again, I nearly jumped out of my skin when Dustin spoke.

"It's them, code green, it's just the others coming home"

Smiling I relaxed slightly but still stood guard, heading out onto the enclosed porch I sat on the chair to watch. Eddie and the others followed close behind.