Chapter 57

Chapter 57

Steve blinked in shock and nodded to my unspoken statement, if he was willing to support and help Robin with the secret she'd entrusted him then he shouldn't be so quick to accept bullshit rumors and call others a freak.

Grabbing my jacket I slid it back on grateful for the cool lining against my sweat dampened skin and reattached my sling before slipping the bow into it's dock. Walking over to the makeshift seating area I sighed as I sat down grateful to give my muscles a rest, not having realized how much adrenaline was helping, I panted as I felt just how much I'd exerted myself in my sparring.

Glancing over at Mike and Uncle Wayne I smiled as Uncle Wayne patted my leather-clad shoulder proudly "Nice work out there, you kicked his ass." His unspoken gratitude for defending Eddie was clear.

I smirked as Mike nodded in agreement "yea, you must've been going easy on me then, huh?" Wobbling my hand back and forth I nodded "yea...had some issues to talk out...but for you..I..don't want to hurt my kids too bad even in practice fighting, speaking of, how's that ankle?"

He shrugged still slightly confused but he went along with it, his trust overriding his confusion "eh it's fine, barely sore..the boot did catch most of it, just like you said it would.."

I nodded grateful that I didn't hurt him before looking over at the remaining partners still sparring. I was impressed, Eleven was getting even better her nose bleeding less and less even as she blocked more and more effectively and shoved Argyle back more than a few times until the two came over to join us, clearly in need of a break.

Opening my arms to Eleven as she came over, I grinned "nice work, El you're getting even better at using your abilities without causing nosebleeds. Smart choice building up endurance. We're going to need it."

She nodded shyly still not used to such kind and genuine encouragement she accepted the hug I offered before sitting next to the both of us Mike's arms gathering her close to his side. "Thank you, it is getting easier to focus and use them.."

Nodding I patted her shoulder before addressing Argyle who'd sat on one of the other crates "you did a decent job as well Argyle, I saw the 9 iron you chose the other day, smart idea..those things are decently durable and hurt like a bitch to get hit with."

He grinned nodding as he pulled out a joint and lit it taking a deep pull, "thanks Witchy Lady, it's like playing golf..but deadly..I like it" smirking I agreed "that's a fair assessment..deadly golf"

My eyes caught the shine off of one of Eddies pins in the dim light as he dodged another hit by Dustin the two dancing in a circle until Dustin held his hands up declaring his need for a break as well.

Steve however walked over to replace him and my brows rose, a delighted smile crossing my lips. Now this was an interesting pairing as the two were both about even in height and nearly so in strength.

My gaze held firm on the two of them circling one another like a pair of wolves I almost didn't notice Dustin until he sat next to me on the grass leaning against my knee. Ruffling his curls before resting my hand on his shoulder, "Hey Dusty, you did a damn good job out there, proud of you. Especially with how much taller Eddie is than you. You're getting better and better with that staff, though with your height you should also try a ranged weapon.. like a crossbow or a rifle either would be good as a backup. I can teach you."

He nodded considering Red's advise, he'd never used either of them before but he trusted her judgement. "I'll give that a try, could we practice shooting together?" I nodded with a grin excited to teach him anything I could "definitely, once I catch my breath a bit more."