Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Closing my eyes I took a calming breath picturing the navy ribbon that personified my energy I watched it drift and dance before twining around Eddie.

Eddie watched and waited unsure what to expect once I'd taken a deep breath and closed my eyes. The hairs on his arms and neck rose to stand on end first, then he felt this chill..like crisp fall air that wrapped around him and held him close, then vanished fairly quickly. It felt familiar..reminded him of Red's scent.. warm white chocolate ..her arms around him.. and he realized that must be what her energy felt like.

Once the feeling was gone he blinked a bit as he tried to process it and he looked around to see that Dustin had tensed up and was looking around confused. A few minutes passed and I tilted my head up to look at him, and then at Dustin a smirk on my lips as I asked.

"..so? How was it?"

Kissing my forehead, unable to put his feelings into words Eddie hugged me close seeking more of the feeling he'd had and lost too quickly. I beamed as I hugged his arms to myself, knowing how intimate energy sharing could be between lovers.

Dustin was quick to respond his brows still high as he moved his head this way and back trying to make sense of what he experienced. "That was..I can't even..was it..is it.. supposed to feel cold?"

Eddie's brows rose at my nodding and smirking glad to know that what he'd felt was right.

Snuggling into his chest I grinned as Dustin continued to question and analyze it, "sorry Dusty Buns" I giggled as he sputtered at the use of his nickname before continuing, "it feels different depending on who's sending it..I'm a water sign and have always associated myself with water so that's I guess why it feels cold."

Taking Eddie's hand in mine I grabbed a quartz crystal from the basket that was in reach and placed it in his hand. Tilting my head up to him "Eddie, love..it's safe to try, honestly it's gonna be easier for you than you think because of our relationship. Just picture what I described and picture how you feel about me, focus on that connection and sharing the energy with me, just start small thin strands..like a string..this crystal will help."

He looked down at Red his smile soft, uncertain but he nodded looking at the crystal and closing his eyes doing his best to focus on what she'd suggested. It wasn't that hard to picture the ribbon, he tried to keep it thin and was surprised how easily it was to watch it go to her and wrap around her once he thought of how much he loved Red, how much he'd come to depend on her and the warmth and acceptance she'd given him.

My breath caught in my throat, my jaw dropped as I felt the rush of energy pour into me, it felt warm like I was snuggled under a blanket fresh out of the dryer and was laying in a sunbeam. It tangled and wrapped around me touching every inch of my skin. Reaching out with my own energy, I twined and braided the strands that he gave with my own pulling it deep inside, then gently closing off the draw of energy through the connection on my end I allowed my focus to center back to the physical world, taking his hand in my own I stroked it softly, "you did an incredible job, you can stop now..easy love..don't want to drain yourself now...come on back..come back to me Eddie..my love"

Eddie blinked several times until his vision finally cleared. Hearing Red calling his name he looked down at her..his eyes still unfocused, "that was...fuck...weird..kinda feel high.." his eyes still couldn't focus

Nodding I called over to Joyce, "Mama Joyce could we get another waffle over her please, and if we have anything sweet..I think Eddie might've overdid it"

A bit of rummaging in their stash in the fridge Joyce came back with a fresh waffle and a Yoo-hoo and handed the both to us. I beamed at her "thank you so much, this will work perfectly."