Chapter 85

Chapter 85

Blinking away the remaining pain of the migraine shoving it into the back of my mind I focused instead on my plan, the look on Vecna's face when I destroyed him.. now that's worth powering through a migraine for. Glancing around at the others I couldn't help the increasingly wicked smirk at the curious and excited expressions on the group. "Alright you wanna hear my plan? Sure, keep in mind this is just a rough draft..I'm open to ideas."

Grinning at the eager nods even seeing a clear interest on Uncle Waynes usually reserved expression I nodded and began. "Ok, so we all know Vecna and his army hate heat and fire. So I was thinking, let's burn this motherfucker down. We've got at least one gas station in town which is more than enough, we figure out how to get the fuel to the crevasses and we dump it in there... strategically... create a nice perimeter to burn the fuck out of his army, then we leave room in the center wherever him and the mindflayer and their new pet are going to be waiting so we can take them down. Figured we can even use abandoned cars as bombs to help both with straggling creatures outside of the crevasses as well as weapons against the Vecna, the mindflayer and his Cthulhu like little pet. I'm sure you remember who I'm talking about Nancy.."

It wasn't long before the room was a flurry of conversation, everyone with suggestions, concerns and excitement all fairly simultaneous.

It wasn't a shock that Steve was one of the loudest "So first off, nice visual the whole ring of fire thing, lots of burnt demogorgons, demobats etc and car bombs are always a win but how are we going to get the gasoline from the gas station? And how the hell do we do it without getting murdered?"

Eddie was thoroughly impressed, if he was going to plot this onslaught as a part of one of his campaigns or even if Red had offered it as a plan in character he'd be crossing his fingers that the dice allowed it to happen because it sounded incredible. "First off sweetheart I love it, the idea of Vecna and his army fried to a crisp is definitely a good image. Gotta agree though there's a few holes. How do we get the gas from the gas station? Also how do we get there and back without dying, we barely made it to the old cabin and back in one piece and that was close by, the gas stations on the other side of town! Also I didn't miss that bit about Cthulhu, are you being glib or do you actually mean something that fucking bigcause I'm not sure we got enough to take something like that out.."

Nancy chimed in "Cthulhu..don't really know who or what that is..but is it enormous...tentacles..bigger than big and terrifying?"

Dustin chimed in impressing me thoroughly "I've got an idea for the gas, we've gotta have fire trucks somewhere that aren't destroyed, and there's farms in Hawkins right? They use trucks to spray pesticides..we could use those too!"

"What about water trucks? The ones they use to like refill the city pool and private pools?" Steve added hopefully

Ericas panicked voice cut in before either of us could reply "you're missing one big damn detail!" her tone lowered once the room had quieted eyes filled with pain as she continued "Vecna doesn't just have his creatures now..he's.." a choked sob cut her off and she was pulled into Lucas's arms.

Dmitri's voice rang out from where he sat on one of the mattresses as he continued saying what Erica couldn't, "the people.. the ones that aren't missing... they're walking around.. they attacked the few people we saw that weren't lost and killed them...they looked-"

"Did they have stuff around their mouths, kind of stumble around and maybe have vines on them?" Robin asked regretting her question even as she did the images of the flesh creature made by fusing the bodies of humans together being made of the town..people she knew..of her family... Vickie flashed behind her eyes.

Tears gathered in my eyes as I swallowed hard trying not to imagine what I knew she described. I had no interest in seeing that happen even to a town as cruel as they were to Eddie. Taking his hands in my own I laced my fingers with his holding them tight grateful when he did the same in return hugging me closer in his arms.

Dmitri nodded "yes..they walked with no real purpose attacking at random..it was like their minds were gone."

Dustins voice was choked as he turned his attention to Erica and struggled to ask "did you..did you see our families?"

Clearly having reached her limit Erica broke down huddling in on herself muffled sobs barely audible as Lucas hugged her close tears tracking down his own cheeks as he comforted her.

Lucas looked up from where he held Erica, his usually fiery and tough sister who was sobbing brokenly in his arms and saw that while Red was clearly mournful she didn't have the same look of surprise that was held on the others faces. Knowing that she came from the future, another reality and had some foreknowledge he couldn't stop the anger that brewed in place of his heartache. "You knew.." his voice a bare hiss cutting through the din of conversation.

My brows high at the sudden change in mood, something felt off...hairs rose on the back of my neck, glancing to my left, my eyes widened seeing the anger on Lucas's face as he held Erica who looked even more broken than I'd ever seen her. Allowing his accusation to sink in I felt my blood pressure rising once more, taking a deep breath "...alright Lucas..you've clearly got something to say. Just what are you implying? I'm all ears."