Chapter 17

Li Suimo walked out of Qin Qing's office with light footsteps, closed the door, leaned against the door, and rubbed her numb chest before shaking her head.

What was Qin Qing doing? Why did she suddenly smile at her? Did she find what she said funny?

Really...

Several heads from the assistant department windows stretched out, but quickly retreated when they saw it was Li Suimo.

Li Suimo's ears felt hot.

She pulled the corners of her mouth and hurriedly left the President's office.

The design department was having a meeting, and it took Li Suimo some time to find the conference room. She was in a hurry when she came yesterday and hadn't had the chance to look around the company yet.

"Please come in," said David, the design director. He was thirty-three years old, of mixed race, and had a rugged appearance. His Chinese was just average.

He was Qin Qing's capable assistant in Australia and had been transferred from the eighteenth floor to the fifteenth floor to support Qin Zhan, who had just entered the workplace.

Li Suimo nodded, dragged a chair and sat down.

As soon as she sat down, there were two light coughs in the meeting room.

"Puff! Cough cough!"

"..."

She glanced over and realized she was sitting next to Gu Linxi.

Li Suimo absentmindedly supported her chin.

In the original book, the original owner moved into the Qin Group's company under the guise of working and learning, but she had hardly been here before.

But now that Li Suimo was here, it was inevitable that she would encounter Gu Linxi.

She rubbed her forehead, and a notebook with a pen in it was pushed in front of her.

Gu Linxi: "For you to use."

Li Suimo was a bit confused: "Don't you need it?"

"I remember everything," said Gu Linxi.

Okay, as the female lead with a golden finger, Li Suimo placed the notebook on her hand and opened it.

The notebook was new and only had a few notes.

Without looking, she flipped to a clean page at the back.

Initially, she was just there to listen to the meeting without paying attention, but after a while, she involuntarily straightened her back and occasionally looked at David.

She continued to listen intently until David's English slowed down and his eyes started glancing more frequently towards Li Suimo at the end of the long table, causing the other employees to follow his gaze and stare at her.

She snapped out of her daze and asked David, who had stopped talking: "What's wrong?"

David softened his tone, "Miss Li, is there something wrong with the meeting?"

"No, everything's fine," replied Li Suimo.

"Then why are you frowning..."

Li Suimo sighed and smoothed out her forehead, thinking that during meetings, she always had a habit of furrowing her brows and lowering her head to create an impression of seriousness.

However, Li Suimo rubbed her chin and thought about how she had been a leader before, not just an employee, and was accustomed to speaking publicly.

"There is a problem, have you heard me say..."