Chapter 87

On the day when Li Suimo decided to go back to school, she woke up early.

It was rare that Li Enzheng and Ji Wenjing were both there, so the three of them had breakfast together.

During the meal, Li Enzheng didn't say anything, and Ji Wenjing quietly reminded Li Suimo, "When you go to school, be good. Your former classmates' moms all seem to like you, so get along well with them. Nobody will talk behind your back."

Li Suimo smiled and replied, "I know."

Ji Wenjing smiled with relief and said, "I don't know why, but Mom feels that you've matured."

For the past six months, Li Suimo had spent most of her time in Qin Bay. She felt guilty when she saw Ji Wenjing staring at her, so she hugged her and acted spoiled.

Ji Wenjing said, "You little girl, you're acting spoiled after I just said you've matured."

Li Suimo pouted and snuggled up to Ji Wenjing.

Suddenly, Li Enzheng put down his bowl heavily and interrupted the warm moment between mother and daughter.

Ji Wenjing was displeased and asked, "What are you doing?"

Li Enzheng looked at Li Suimo and said, "Remember to drive to school later."

Li Suimo asked, "Huh?"

"Drive the Maybach, Lincoln, or Rolls-Royce, whichever you want. The company is going through a tough time, and your engagement with Qin Zhan has fallen through. Even so, we can't let outsiders see that the Li family is in a bad situation!"

The couple had been keeping the company's problems a secret from Li Suimo, but Li Enzheng suddenly broke the news. Ji Wenjing was instantly angry.

Li Enzheng said, "Since the Qin family isn't working out, Dad will arrange a suitable marriage partner for you."

"Li Enzheng! What nonsense are you talking to the child!" Ji Wenjing exclaimed.

Li Enzheng slammed the table and shouted, "How long are you going to spoil her!"

Li Suimo shrank and her eyes turned red. "Dad..."

Li Enzheng suddenly collapsed into the chair. He covered his face with his hands and slumped back, as if his broad shoulders had slumped.

Ji Wenjing's eyes turned red, and she hugged Li Suimo tightly.

Li Suimo sighed inwardly.

The failed engagement and the ambiguous relationship with Qin Qing had strained the relationship between the Li and Qin families.

The aftermath of this incident was gradually becoming apparent.

Meanwhile, Li Enzheng and Ji Wenjing were on the verge of divorce.

Li Suimo clenched her fists secretly.

Li Enzheng was ambitious, but her abilities could only maintain her and Ji Wenjing's livelihood.

As for the original owner father...she really owed him...

Li Suimo patted Ji Wenjing's shoulder and whispered, "Mom, I'm going to school now."

The most urgent matter was to graduate smoothly. Sitting idle was not an option. She also had to try to get in touch with some new job opportunities.

While the Li family still held some influence, she had to establish herself in the industry.

Fortunately, in the past six months, she had been involved in several projects, which had given her some recognition in the industry.

Li Suimo realized that she had a lot to do.