Chapter 96

Qin Bay.

On the large table of the Qin family, there were two long rows of delicacies, at least forty dishes upon a quick glance.

"Madam, if you can't eat, at least drink some soup."

Liu Ruo, "Isn't that what someone else always drinks? I don't want any."

The Aunt Zhong quickly had the soup taken away and said, "How about some chicken? This chicken is smooth and tender..."

"I don't want it, someone else always eats it," Liu Ruo snorted.

Aunt Zhong said, "Then how about some snacks?"

Liu Ruo thought of something and looked over - it was something that Li Suimo loved to eat.

"This snack, isn't it what someone always sends to Huaiyan?" Liu Ruo picked up her chopsticks and pointed at the plate of pastries.

Aunt Zhong looked left and right, then said, "It does look like it, but the steward bought it outside and said that you have a poor appetite and wanted to try a different flavor."

Liu Ruo brightened up and said, "Bring it over for me to try!"

When she returned to her dorm, it was already late. Li Suimo had been standing at the door for a while and eavesdropping before finally turning the key gently to open the door.

"Good evening," Li Suimo mumbled, then took off her shoes in the entryway and took out some drawing paper and pens from her backpack, placing them on the easel.

However, she could barely hear Qin Qing's voice on the phone, as Qin Qing...

"Arrange a video conference... how far along is the collaboration with the research and development park?"

Li Suimo froze for a moment, her earlobes turning red. She closed her eyes and rubbed her right wrist with her left hand.

"Uh-huh," perhaps Qin Qing had finished the call, her tone becoming more relaxed.

Li Suimo didn't know what had been said on the other end, but Qin Qing turned to her and said, "It's going pretty well."

Li Suimo's movements paused as she listened, her earlobes turning even redder.

She closed her eyes and rubbed her right wrist with her left hand.

"Yes, thank you. It's just an engagement, after all, but the wedding will definitely..."

Li Suimo remained silent.

The person who had been standing by the window didn't know when they had walked over to her.

Qin Qing fiddled with her clothing twice, and her fingertips were covered in a layer of black and grey.

It was the black and grey left by the pencil on the sketch paper.

"It's dirty." Qin Qing moved her lips, but the call wasn't hung up yet.

Beneath her red lips were white teeth and a pink tongue, and she opened her mouth to show Li Suimo.

"Dirty... it's dirty?"

Qin Qing nodded and casually pointed her finger at Li Suimo's nose.

"..."

Li Suimo suddenly turned her face, her heart beating rapidly. She couldn't hold her pen steadily and it fell to the ground.

Qin Qing hung up the phone. "What's wrong?"

Li Suimo shook her head and glanced at Qin Qing. She just realized that Qin Qing's hand had already turned and held her wrist.

"Are your hands tired?" Qin Qing asked.