Chapter 18: Setbacks

The next day, Li Suimo woke up naturally at Qin Bay house.

Except for her and the maids, there was no one else around. Liu Ruo had gone to visit Qin's father, and Qin Zhan and Qin Qing were both in the city, so no one was home. She didn't feel very comfortable staying there alone.

Last night, Li Suimo had talked to Li Enzheng on the phone.

Li Enzheng had found out the source of the information, and the people below had investigated and found detailed purchase records for Gu Linxi at a card purchasing store. The information was indeed leaked by Gu Linxi.

Li Suimo went to the company with a small bag in a huff. When she arrived, she found out that Qin Zhan had left on a business trip with Gu Linxi early in the morning.

"Where's Qin Qing?" she asked.

"The theme hotel in the neighboring city had its opening ceremony, and the President was invited to cut the ribbon," replied David.

"Why did they bother Qin Qing for the ribbon cutting at a hotel?"

"It's a design project by Qin Zhan and Qin Qing," David explained.

Li Suimo nodded. "So, all three of them went together?"

David nodded in agreement.

Li Suimo was lost in thought, imagining Gu Linxi and Qin Qing meeting. Would Qin Qing be charmed by Gu Linxi under the spotlight as the female lead?

"What's wrong, Li Suimo?" David asked.

Li Suimo shook her head and said thoughtfully, "Nothing."

The ribbon-cutting ceremony was completed in the morning, and Qin Qing was planning to return to A City at noon.

However, she was blocked at the hotel by a group of advertisers and franchisees who had come to sell their products.

Qin Group's hotels had chain stores all over the country, but this was the first theme hotel, and investors had focused more on Qin Zhan's involvement in the project than on the mature and saturated chain hotels.

Many people had come to pitch their products today, and they blocked Qin Qing at the elevator door.

Bodyguards surrounded her, and some people even pressed their feet and bodies against the elevator door, making it difficult for Qin Qing to even move in or out.

"We don't want to join forces, Qin Group will handle everything," Qin Qing said coldly.

Qin Qing raised her hand, and her brow furrowed. "For the purchase of items inside the hotel, please contact the purchasing department."

" President Qin! President Qin!"

Qin Qing replied, "No photography allowed."

The bodyguards immediately shouted loudly to stop them.

The crowd slowly moved, and Qin Qing was finally able to leave the lobby, but her hands and bag were filled with many things that people had pushed onto her.

She barely caught them but was soon crowded again with new items such as tissue paper, shampoo, shower gel, and bottled water.

Qin Qing said, "These things have already been settled..."

Someone then handed her a contract, and Qin Qing reluctantly took it, her face clouded over.

Although the bodyguard had set up a protection line in front of her, someone still reached out their hand to give her something, causing a shove and push.

But when they saw Qin Qing's unhappy expression and strong aura, everyone awkwardly stepped back.

As they did, a person with a colorful hairstyle and ambiguous clothing stepped out.