Chapter 76

On the fourth day before the wedding, Li Suimo held a red pen and was marking the calendar with bold red strokes.

"Momo!" a shout came from downstairs.

Li Suimo capped her pen and answered with her neck craned upwards, "Coming!"

She ran down the stairs with her skirt in hand, her figure light as a bird.

"Where's Qin Zhan?" Li Suimo, who had already tried on the engagement ring, was surrounded by a crowd of people, her face flushed with excitement.

Her eyes were bright, like stars, and everyone could tell how happy she was.

The Li family had climbed up the social ladder by marrying into the Qin family, and from Li Suimo's expression, it was clear that they were pleased with this union.

Liu Ruo asked Aunt Zhong to go upstairs and call Qin Zhan.

Qin's uncles and aunts were present, as were relatives from Liu's family.

Many of Qin's descendants had also come, and everyone's expressions seemed to be filled with joy, but only upon closer inspection, it was revealed that beneath their hypocritical exterior lay feelings of discontent, resentment, anger, and a hint of schadenfreude.

Li Suimo washed her hands and dried them, then took the diamond ring from Grandma Qin to play with.

Everyone in the room was watching her, and she showed a graceful smile.

Just as she was about to open the box, someone suddenly pressed down on the back of her hand.

"Sister, shouldn't we wait for Cousin to come and try on the wedding ring together?"

Li Suimo glanced sideways at the girl with twin ponytails in front of her and smiled, "Sure, let's wait for Qin Zhan to arrive."

Liu Yuhan said, "Can I see your ring?"

Li Suimo didn't mind and handed the box to Liu Yuhan.

Everyone was eager to see Li Suimo's ring.

They hadn't even opened it yet, but just holding the small and exquisite square box was enough to amaze them.

"It's so delicate!"

"It must have cost a lot of money."

"We have to wear this kind of wedding ring too."

Li Suimo smiled and raised her chin in a somewhat arrogant manner.

"Hmph, what's the use of a beautiful diamond ring? Qin Zhan hasn't shown up even after being here for a few days. He probably doesn't want to..."

Before this girl could finish her sentence, she was slapped by one of the elders, and she immediately fell silent, looking unwilling.

Liu Ruo looked serious and called for the butler to go upstairs and urge Qin Zhan to come down.

Grandma Qin hung a smiling face and arranged for the relatives to sit on the sofa.

Before the butler could leave, he came downstairs with Aunt Zhong, who had been gone for a long time.

There was no one behind the two of them.

"Where's Qin Zhan? Why isn't he coming down? Is he trying to avoid looking at the ring?"

"Liu Yuhan! Shut up!"

Liu Yuhan shut her mouth tightly and left the sofa, moving towards a group of her young friends.

Several girls around her age were consoling her while also disdainfully looking at Li Suimo.

Li Suimo had grown accustomed to this kind of petty gossip and criticism, so she didn't mind.