Chapter 121: Extra (12) [Lin Meng*Li Mo - 6]

Lin Meng seemed determined to do something, but Li Mo didn't directly agree to celebrate her birthday. Whenever she had free time, she would come to pick up Li Mo.

She would hold a rose and wait downstairs, leaning against the lamppost with her slender body. She wouldn't play with her phone, but instead stare at the rose, lost in thought. Once Li Mo appeared, the rose would belong to her.

On the way home together, she would ask softly, "Want to come or go?"

Li Mo wouldn't answer, and she wouldn't ask again the same day.

She looked like a puppy denied a snack, very adept at finding Li Mo's weaknesses.

She came three days in a row, but on the fourth day, Lin Meng messaged that she had an exam and couldn't come to pick her up these next few days.

Li Mo was puzzled and asked someone nearby, "Is it the college entrance examination today?"

The assistant said, "Yes, that's why there's heavy traffic. The whole city is making way for the students. After all, they are the future of our country."

Li Mo nodded and interrupted her rambling, saying, "Got it."

The assistant rubbed her hands and said, "Director, about me being late today..."

Li Mo glanced at her and asked, "What about it?"

The assistant hesitated, "It's nothing. I'll go back to work now." She ran off, leaving Li Mo standing there holding a coffee cup with two slender white fingers.

The coffee was instant, and Li Mo frowned, putting the cup down and checking her inbox instead.

Her fingers rested on the mouse, and she suddenly noticed her long, slender fingers.

Bending down, she rummaged through her drawer until she found a hand cream, which she squeezed out and rubbed into her hands. The light scent filled her nose, and Li Mo pressed her fingers against her forehead, then held her hand under her nose to smell it again.

The scent was not bad.

She absentmindedly finished applying the hand cream and then turned on her phone screen.

After a while, she sent a message: [Good luck.]

The reply came quickly: [Sister, will you come on my birthday?]

Li Mo's expression froze.

Lin Meng added: [Just to have a meal.]

[Sister, what if I get distracted during the exam?]

Li Mo: "..."

"Lin Meng, give your phone to the teacher."

...

On the bus, the high school seniors were required to take the school bus to the exam center.

The bus was full of chatter, and the teachers led the way ahead to lighten the students' pre-test pressure, with police cars clearing the road on either side.

Lin Meng sat by the window, her back straight, tossing her phone back and forth between her hands, smiling faintly as she gazed outside.

"Lin Meng."

"Hmm?"

"What are you looking at?"

Lin Meng smiled and said, "Looking at the flowers."

"Where are the flowers?" A few people gathered around the window to look.

Lin Meng was squeezed against the back of the chair, with a smile on her lips, shaking her head helplessly, and turning her face to give up half of the window.