Chapter 118: Extra (9) [Lin Meng*Li Mo - 3]

Coming out of the library, Lin Meng's backpack was packed full. She held a paper ticket between her middle finger and index finger, carefully examining it while holding Lin Gu'er's hand.

Lin Gu'er said, "Mom."

Lin Meng absentmindedly replied, and Lin Gu'er said, "I want to eat hot pot."

"You can't," Lin Meng refused.

Lin Gu'er tried another option, "Then I want a bag of spicy sticks."

"You can't," said Lin Meng.

"Then..." Lin Gu'er began.

"You can't have anything," Lin Meng interrupted.

Lin Gu'er pouted.

Lin Meng glanced at her and the two left the library. It was already noon.

Lin Meng asked, "Are you going to school this afternoon?"

Lin Gu'er shook her head, and her smile faded.

Lin Meng rubbed her head twice and said, "We can eat lunch outside."

Lin Gu'er muttered that she wanted to eat at McDonald's, but Lin Meng gave her a look and whispered that she could eat anything.

Feeling wronged, Lin Gu'er pursed her lips.

Lin Meng asked, "Who taught you that?"

Lin Gu'er said, "Crybaby can get you what you want. Mom, don't you like it?"

Lin Meng: "..."

They had lunch at a small restaurant on the roadside. When Lin Meng walked in with Lin Gu'er, they happened to run into an acquaintance.

Everyone else had one dish and one soup, but Li Mo had three dishes and a soup in front of her. She looked like she didn't enjoy the food, holding her chopsticks in the air and staring blankly.

Suddenly, it went dark in front of her. Li Mo looked up and saw Lin Meng and Lin Gu'er standing in front of her.

"Is anyone sitting here?" Lin Meng asked.

Li Mo shook her head dumbly. Lin Meng had Lin Gu'er sit in a nearby chair and asked the owner for the menu and utensils.

Lin Meng ordered two dishes with mild flavors, as Lin Gu'er couldn't eat spicy food. However, Lin Gu'er's gaze kept wandering to Li Mo's dish that was covered in red oil.

"Eat it," Li Mo pushed the dish towards her.

Lin Gu'er snorted, "You've been living in our house for so long and you should have invited us to dinner."

Li Mo said, "I'm sorry,"

Lin Meng didn't say anything, but reached out with her chopsticks and took a few bites from Li Mo's dish, then said, "Thank you."

Li Mo was puzzled.

After finishing the meal, Lin Meng gestured for Lin Gu'er to say thank you, and the child reluctantly did so. Then she asked, "Mom, she never said thank you when she stayed at our house."

Li Mo clicked her tongue.

Before Lin Meng could react, Lin Gu'er asked again, "Does 'double standard' mean this?"

Li Mo: "..."

After leaving the restaurant, Li Mo was about to go back to work when Lin Meng stopped her and asked if she would be willing to take care of Lin Gu'er on her behalf.

Li Mo was taken aback, "Wh-what?"

Lin Meng said, "Is your company nearby? She doesn't have class this afternoon, and I have to go back to school."