Chapter 56

At night, Fu Yanxiao called Li Suimo.

Li Suimo was painting on the balcony and did not answer when she saw the call.

After the call was hung up, a second call came in quickly.

Li Suimo still didn't answer, so Fu Yanxiao sent a voice message.

"Don't answer the phone and we're through!"

Li Suimo then took the initiative to call back, "Hello..."

"Are you crazy?! Old man Yan said you're going to give up the competition?!"

"No," Li Suimo said, "I'm still going to the competition."

Fu Yanxiao quieted down. "Is that so? What's going on?"

Li Suimo thought for a moment. "I had someone bring the dress back so as not to disturb the teacher every day. It's almost done, and I can finish it at home."

"Did you take your design sketches over there? The competition is coming up soon, and the sketches are supposed to be hung on the exhibition wall."

Before the official exhibition started, the guests had to walk the red carpet first, then take their seats.

"No," Li Suimo replied.

Looking at the scattered papers all over the floor, her drawings were all of Qin Qing, and it wasn't convenient to display them.

"Are you in Qin Bay?" Fu Yanxiao asked.

"Um," Li Suimo nodded.

She stood on the balcony, holding the phone with one hand leaning on the railing.

Several cars arrived at Qin Bay one after another, and the butler directed people to move all of Li Suimo's tools into the single-story building behind.

"Qin Qing let me use her old studio," Li Suimo said in amazement.

Qin Qing has a cleanliness obsession, especially when it comes to personal space.

Fu Yanxiao paused for a moment, then roared, "Why is Sister Qin Qing so good to you?!"

To prevent Fu Yanxiao from getting angry, Li Suimo quickly reassured her and hung up the phone.

With a dedicated place for painting, there was no need to have such a messy room.

Li Suimo picked up her drawings and went to the small single-story building in the backyard.

The small building was built next to the wetland park, with the scenic area outside the fence. The scenery was very beautiful and small animals could often be seen.

"Aunt Zhong?" Li Suimo saw a figure on the long cobblestone path.

Aunt Zhong had a medicine bucket on her back and was disinfecting and insecticiding around the house. "You're here, Miss Li. Huaiyan asked me to disinfect and insecticide more, so you don't run into any snakes around here."

Li Suimo pursed her lips. "Um, Sister Qin Qing is... very thoughtful."

Aunt Zhong smiled, "She treats you like family. Madam also said that the Miss is ready to accept you."

Like family? Qin family's daughter-in-law? Li Suimo sighed.

She was afraid that on the day of the engagement, Qin Qing would wish to tear her apart.

Li Suimo finished moving her things and went inside to visit the small building.

Aunt Zhong said, "This is the Miss's secret hideout. Before, when Zhan'er wanted to come in, he was beaten up until the Miss went to study finance and locked this place up."