Chapter 27

Li Suimo had two drinks that night, but fearing an allergic reaction, she promptly replaced the contents of her cup with mineral water after finishing the two drinks.

Fu Yanxiao: "..."

Li Suimo sheepishly explained, "I can't drink too much. I just wanted to taste it."

"Forget it," said Fu Yanxiao. "I'm going to find my brother. Do you want to come?"

"No, I'll stay here."

After Fu Yanxiao left, Li Suimo wandered around the outdoor evening banquet by herself.

The host had not prepared any entertainment activities for the night, only drinks and conversation, with a few people dancing around a bonfire in a clearing.

Even so, no one was bored.

The melodious music, the night as bright as day.

Amidst the festive atmosphere, Li Suimo almost forgot her other purpose for being there.

She spent some time finding Madam Han again.

"Auntie," Li Suimo walked over and clinked her glass with Madam Han.

Madam Han's companions were all wealthy ladies.

Seeing Li Suimo, they asked, "Miss Li, did Wenjing not come?"

"Mom is with Aunt Liu."

A few of them covered their mouths and laughed, but quickly resumed their composure.

Who didn't know that the Li family didn't received an invitation? Li Suimo's words were definitely an excuse.

"Did you come with the Qin family's car?" they asked.

Li Suimo thought of the Porsche, on which she had already torn off the "Qin" sticker. "No."

"Is the Li family's car outside? You have to give us a ride around the lake later!"

"Of course, no problem," Li Suimo laughed.

She had to maintain her image, so Madam Han handed her a drink.

Li Suimo: "You know, I'm allergic to alcohol, can you please drink this glass instead?"

Li Suimo was gracious and handled the situation well.

Madam Han didn't want to refuse the sincerity of the younger generation, so she took the glass and took a small sip.

Seeing this, Li Suimo reached over and lifted her glass to touch the bottom of Madam Han glass.

"Ahem!" Madam Han looked surprised at Li Suimo. "What are you doing?!"

Li Suimo smiled and handed over a piece of paper. "Auntie, don't cough on your dress."

The people around were silent.

Li Suimo stopped the waiter and had another glass of wine poured for herself. "I'll toast to you."

She raised her hand, and her slender fingers wrapped in white lace flashed in front of Madam Han.

Li Suimo drank it down.

-- Was it just water?

She glanced at the obedient waiter standing next to her, who refilled her glass.

Li Suimo: "Hmm."

"It's okay, don't drink if you're allergic." Madam Han gave her a way out. Severe alcohol allergies can be fatal.

Although the Han and Li families have split, Li Enzheng's face still needs to be considered. "Please have a seat."

Li Suimo complied and blushed as if she were really drunk.