Chapter 54

As the competition approached, time became increasingly tight.

Li Suimo locked herself in Yan Lao's studio for a week, working tirelessly through the night without any distractions from the outside world.

She even postponed trying on her wedding dress twice.

"You're quite good at painting, but the clothes lack a certain flair," Yan Lao said as he touched the dress in front of him, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Red is the best color for her, intense and practically her signature color," Li Suimo replied.

Yan Lao still had the patience to ask, "Who is she?"

Li Suimo pursed her lips and didn't say anything.

The dress in front of her was complex but orderly, a luxurious red dress with jewels set into it.

The skirt was full and embroidered with Eastern elements, and Li Suimo had even separately paired it with a pure white veil.

Li Suimo's artistic aesthetic came from her background in fine arts, and she had used all of the reasonable accessories she could think of to sculpt this red dress.

It wasn't as exaggerated as the antique European dresses, but it still had a strong sense of grandeur.

Yan Lao couldn't hold back any longer. "You've been busy for over a month, and all you've managed to make is this tacky thing?"

"Isn't it beautiful?" Li Suimo asked.

The old man was extremely disappointed. "I think you've lost your sense of taste!"

Li Suimo remained silent.

The door slammed shut, and Li Suimo heard the old man cursing, "You've spent over a month in the studio and wasted all your time on that broken dress!"

Li Suimo giggled as she straightened the dress, revealing a glimpse of white at the hem.

She quickly tucked it back in.

She heard a car honk twice outside the door, and Li Suimo wiped her hands clean before going downstairs to greet the model who was trying on clothes.

"Little White Rabbit!"

"Qin Yue!" Li Suimo ran over, "Stop being so intimate! Let's go try on the clothes first!"

Qin Yue laughed and asked, "How many outfits are there in this set?"

"Just two, one red and one white," Li Suimo replied.

"Only two? The other contestants have so many outfits in their set!" Qin Yue exclaimed.

Li Suimo led Qin Yue upstairs, and Yan Lao walked out with a thermos in his hand.

He squinted and asked when he saw Qin Yue, "Is this the model?"

Li Suimo nodded, "I'm taking her to try on the dress. It's only been a few months, and you're already using a thermos?"

"It's autumn!" Yan Lao replied.

Qin Yue greeted Yan Lao, and Li Suimo began to chatter with Qin Yue: "...You're my only model, and I made the clothes bit by bit myself..."

Yan Lao grumpily said, "You borrowed two of my assistants!"

Li Suimo said, "...Anyway, it's not easy to finish two sets. These two dress are my painstaking efforts."

Pushing the door into the room, Qin Yue asked, "Isn't this too tacky?"

She looked at the red skirt, adorned from top to bottom, and was also at a loss. "If I really wear this skirt, tomorrow there will be rumors outside that I'm demanding an exorbitant fee again."