Chapter 125: Extra (16) [Lin Meng*Li Mo - (Final)]

On Lin Meng's birthday, Li Mo took half a day off and rushed over to celebrate. Her project was finished, and she had officially resigned from her job.

The work was not suitable for her. She couldn't understand the gamers' preferences properly. After much deliberation, she realized that she had an artistic mind, but not a business one.

As per the procedure, Li Mo had to serve a month's notice and hand over all her work. Li Mo's tone was full of anticipation and planning for the upcoming month.

She mentioned many popular tourist attractions, saying that there were places she hadn't been to yet.

Lin Meng asked Li Mo, "Sister, are you leaving this city?"

Li Mo sat on the sofa with a bucket of snacks and Lin Gu'er, watching Peppa Pig.

Li Mo happily said, "I want to go out and paint, to see a different world."

"Maybe after a trip, I'll come back with an art book!" Li Mo laughed.

Lin Meng sat at the dining table picking vegetables. She wore an apron, and her long hair lay flat, adding a mature and restrained temperament. She asked casually, "Are you coming back?"

Lin Gu'er asked, "Mommy, are you leaving us behind?"

Li Mo: "..."

Li Mo's excited cheeks slowed down. She looked at Lin Meng, who was silent and downcast. Suddenly, she felt like she was a scum woman who was about to abandon her family.

Li Mo slowly opened her mouth, "After a month, Gu'er will be on vacation, and your college entrance exam results will be out, right?"

Lin Meng was startled, then looked up at her, her eyes bright.

Li Mo smiled, hugged Lin Gu'er, glanced at Lin Meng, and then said to Lin Gu'er, "I invite you to travel with me. Do you want to?"

Lin Gu'er was excited and exclaimed, "I do! Gu'er wants to!"

The little girl was so excited that she spun around the living room like a top.

Lin Meng asked, "And what about me?"

Li Mo cleared her throat, opened her bag, and took out a car key, passing it to Lin Meng as she walked around the sofa. "This is your gift."

"A car?" Lin Meng looked visibly disappointed.

Li Mo chuckled, "Yes, a car is your gift. Can I catch a ride with you?"

"You, you mean..." Lin Meng asked.

Li Mo shrugged, "I hope that Ms. Lin Meng will be willing to take me and my daughter out to play."

"I'm willing," Lin Meng said.

Li Mo clapped her hands in response. "Happy Birthday!"

Lin Meng's deep black eyes looked at Li Mo meaningfully.

Li Mo felt guilty under her gaze and quickly changed the subject, "Let's cook dinner now, so we can eat early."

"Hotpot takes up a lot of time," Lin Meng interrupted Li Mo decisively. Then she called out to Lin Gu'er, "Gu'er, go clean up the small room."

Lin Gu'er raised her hands and shouted, "Is crying mommy staying here?"

Li Mo shook her head. "No, it's me."

"Yes," Lin Meng said.

With a loud thud, Lin Meng put the keys in her pocket.

Li Mo thought to herself, as long as she wasn't sharing a room with Lin Meng...