Chapter 71

Going downstairs again, it was already lunchtime.

Li Suimo dragged her feet down the stairs.

Qin Qing was preparing the dishes at the table.

As there were fewer people eating today, they used a small table for three.

Li Suimo pulled a chair over and sat down at the table.

Qin Qing sat next to her and moved her chair slightly away without saying a word.

Ji Wenjing brought the soup out, and Qin Qing smiled and gave up her seat for her, adjusting the positions of the other two chairs and sitting next to Li Suimo.

Li Suimo: "..."

Although the small table was small, it could accommodate several people without any problem.

Qin Qing sat so close... Li Suimo felt a little uneasy.

"Is it crowded?" Qin Qing asked.

Li Suimo: "..."

She dared not move her chair anymore and sat obediently on her chair, receiving the rice that Qin Qing served.

The rice was pressed firmly in the bowl.

Qin Qing said, "Eat more. You've lost weight recently."

Li Suimo: "..."

The meal was particularly torturous.

Although Qin Qing did not ask about her well-being, she kept serving food to Li Suimo.

The sweet and sour spare ribs almost all went into Li Suimo's stomach.

After finishing the meal, Li Suimo leaned against the sofa, sighing and with a complex expression on her face.

Ji Wenjing brought her a cup of sour plum soup and whispered, "Huaiyan is still sincere."

Li Suimo was somewhat speechless: "Mom, don't be fooled by her."

Ji Wenjing said, "What was she fooling you with? Qin Qing saved you twice, and she has always defended you at Qin's place. What a good elder sister-in-law."

Li Suimo: "..."

"Don't be ungrateful. It's not easy to find someone who treats you sincerely these days. You were spoiled since you were young, don't act like a young lady when you go to the Qin family."

Li Suimo said, "I know..."

Maybe it was because she was marrying off her daughter, Ji Wenjing suddenly felt emotional.

She took Li Suimo's coat and draped it over her cheongsam, which was decorated with white fur trim. "It's going to snow in the city. Be careful not to catch a cold."

Li Suimo said, "You too, if you have nothing to do at home, come and keep me company earlier. There are still many things to do after the engagement."

"How old are you still acting like a child?" Ji Wenjing laughed.

"Just twenty years old." Li Suimo hugged Ji Wenjing.

Ji Wenjing patted Li Suimo, motioning for her to drink the sour plum soup.

She said, "My mother has a good eye. Huaiyan really likes you."

Li Suimo's heart started beating faster again, and Ji Wenjing sighed, "The relationship between mothers-in-law and daughters-in-law is also no problem. You will have a good life when you go to the Qin family."

Li Suimo sighed.

Although Ji Wenjing was optimistic, she felt that the road ahead was bleak.

Half a month's time was like suffering before death.