Chapter 48

Qin Qing held a cigarette in her mouth, and the sparks from the cigarette butt flickered unpredictably with her inhalation and exhalation.

The orange light shone diagonally on her eyes as she turned to look at the trash can next to the sofa.

Li Suimo rubbed her eyes and got up from the soft bed. She sat on the bed for a while, still in a daze.

The morning light shone through the floor-to-ceiling windows of Qin Bay, reflecting her eyes into a golden color.

Last night, Li Suimo woke up and saw Qin Qing throw her draft into the trash can.

She was stunned for a moment.

"My painting..."

Qin Qing: "Who are you painting?"

Li Suimo replied gloomily, "You."

Qin Qing: "You shouldn't paint me."

Li Suimo felt inexplicable, "Why not, I just..."

"It's not because of you," Qin Qing said, using her long fingers to tidy up Li Suimo's messy hair, "It's because of me."

Li Suimo: "Huh?"

Not sure if her expression was funny, Qin Qing showed a brief smile, which disappeared in an instant.

She immediately resumed her poker face, "The driver is downstairs."

Li Suimo slowly got up and stepped on the carpet in the office.

Qin Qing helped her up, but Li Suimo avoided her hand without leaving a trace.

She said sullenly, "I'll go back first. Don't work too late."

At night, there were still two assistants accompanying the President to work overtime, but Qin Qing personally sent Li Suimo downstairs.

In the elevator, she asked again, "Are you angry?"

Li Suimo looked at her own childish and cold face reflected in the mirror of the elevator, and in the next moment, she put on a cute and innocent smile and said casually, "No."

Li Suimo held her toothbrush and recalled last night.

She couldn't help but twist the corners of her mouth when she thought of the girl with almond eyes and peach cheeks who had smiled and smirked.

Finally, she poured a sip of water into her mouth, gargled, and spat it out.

She couldn't hold it any longer and shouted at the mirror, "I'm so angry!"

Liu Ruo was having breakfast downstairs, accompanying her two aunts to eat Western food.

At this moment, she was elegantly spreading the sauce on her bread with a knife and fork, but was suddenly interrupted by the sound of heavy footsteps upstairs.

"Is there an earthquake?"

Liu Ruo smiled awkwardly, "I think something must have fallen on the ground."

Li Suimo rushed downstairs and Liu Ruo stopped her, "Momo, are you going out?"

It was only then that Li Suimo saw the three people gathered around the dining table.

"Good morning, Auntie Er and Auntie San. Aunt Liu, Xiaoxiao wants me to go out with her."

Liu Ruo nodded and said, "Remember to come back tonight."

"Okay." Li Suimo smiled obediently.

She arranged to meet Fu Yanxiao at an antique street.

The antique street was heavily commercialized and there were few stores selling antiques.