Chapter 98

Li Suimo thought that Qin Qing would ask her what kind of dream she had, but instead, Qin Qing came with He Shilai and sat together with great interest to admire her paintings.

"Your painting is really good," Qin Qing said, with a slight upward curve of her lips.

The curvature of her lips was just right, neither too much nor too little.

An extra bit would have been carefree, while a little less would have been jealous and unhappy.

Qin Qing was good at controlling her expressions, showing nothing on her face to reveal what she was really thinking.

Li Suimo tightened her grip on her phone, feeling as though someone had lightly pinched her heart.

He Shilai glanced at Qin Qing and said, "You're quite open-minded."

Qin Qing replied, "Not really."

Li Suimo breathed a sigh of relief, looking at Qin Qing with watery eyes and speaking in a light tone, "Has your business trip been going smoothly?"

"Smoothly," Qin Qing replied, then began to tidy up Li Suimo's drafts.

Several times, her gaze lingered on the painting, and when she looked away as if nothing had happened, Li Suimo could feel her own breath becoming nervous and stiff.

The mysterious figure in the painting was not as indifferent as it seemed.

Qin Qing clenched the hand hidden behind her back, smiling slightly at Li Suimo. "I thought it would look great after seeing the draft."

Li Suimo stammered, "Thank you."

Qin Qing nodded, then turned to talk to He Shilai about some interesting things that happened during her business trip.

She held Li Suimo's hand and pressed her against the table, while taking a notebook out of her briefcase.

Li Suimo took it and held it in her hands, flipping through a few pages of Qin Qing's notes on the elective courses she had prepared for her.

"Are you trying to curry favor with your wife?" He Shilai asked with a laugh.

Qin Qing smiled and replied, "Yes."

Li Suimo blushed, holding the notebook against her chest.

After lunch, He Shilai went to class, while Li Suimo stayed in the office to review her notes and help Qin Qing grade papers.

"Whose paper are you grading now?" Li Suimo asked, peering over.

Qin Qing smiled and said, "Not yours."

Li Suimo said, "Oh."

After a while, she asked again, "Is it mine now?"

Qin Qing said, "Momo, focus on your own work."

Li Suimo lowered her head to read her book again. After less than ten minutes, she looked up and asked Qin Qing another question.

This repeated several times, but Qin Qing never got impatient. Whenever Li Suimo looked up to ask another question, Qin Qing smiled knowingly at her.

Eventually, Li Suimo felt embarrassed and returned to reading without asking any more questions.

Qin Qing graded papers while the sound of her pen scratching the paper filled the air. After a while, Li Suimo began to feel sleepy and was about to doze off when Qin Qing's soft hand caught her forehead.

"Feeling tired?" Qin Qing asked.

"I stayed up late drawing," Li Suimo rubbed her eyes.

Qin Qing replied with a soft "Hmm," and turned up the temperature on the remote control.