Chapter 38

Qin Zhan runs away from home, which is a plot point in the original book.

Under pressure from the Qin family, Gu Linxi resigns from Qin's company and returns to W City.

A few days later, her father gambles away all of Gu Linxi's savings and even mortgages their house.

With no other options, Gu Linxi has to ask Qin Zhan for help to pay off the debts.

Although Qin Zhan was not responsible for Gu Linxi's dismissal from Qin's company, he still feels sorry for her and wants to help.

However, he discovers that his bank card has been frozen when he tries to transfer the money.

While this setback does not matter much to Qin Zhan since he has other liquid accounts, it leaves him wondering.

Later, when he returns home, he overhears his mother and maid discussing his and Li Suimo's engagement, and he realizes that the Qin family has started to plan for it.

Running away from home is an expected but also reasonable reaction.

"I will bring him back. No one from the Qin family will be absent from tomorrow's dinner," Qin Qing promises Li Suimo as she sends her back to Jingyuan.

Li Suimo straightens her dress and smirks, "It's okay. Just prepare for the wedding as usual."

Qin Qing's eyes darken as she seems to be overwhelmed with bitterness.

While sending Li Suimo home, she whispers to her that they can get married first and cultivate their feelings slowly afterward.

After all, isn't business marriage always like this?

"I'm back. You can send me the things tomorrow," Qin Qing texts someone.

Nodding, she then arranges a meeting time for both families with Li Suimo and leaves.

After getting off the plane, Fu Yanxiao is picked up by Fu Yanduo. When Li Suimo gets home, she starts complaining to Fu Yanxiao about Qin Zhan over the phone.

"Running away from home? What kind of Mary Sue brainless plot is this?" Fu Yanxiao's voice instantly rises.

Li Suimo sneers and agrees, "Yes."

Fu Yanxiao sincerely advises, "Momo, seriously, Qin Zhan treats you like this, and you still want to get engaged, married, and have children with him?"

Sitting in front of her dressing table, Li Suimo is doing a full set of skin care routine.

She looks rough after only a few days in S City. Without proper care, even a flawless face will age.

Li Suimo self-deprecatingly says, "Engagement is a must. Who made me love him to death?"

"Ha-ha," Fu Yanxiao's voice on the other end of the phone sprays water.

"Is it true?" Fu Yanxiao asks.

Li Suimo frowns, and in the mirror, her crystal clear eyes with a hint of chill meet her gaze.

"Whether I like it or not, Qin Zhan must be with me."

.....

"Yunxiao is one of the high-end clubs in the city, owned by Zhao Yi, just like Xijie."

Compared to the bizarre entertainment facilities in Xijie, Yunxiao is more inclined towards an environment that is relatively relaxed, where people like Qin Qing can achieve half-leisure and half-business objectives during negotiations.

Pushing open the door of the private room, the interior is spacious, with a screen covering a small round table.

Qin Qing walks over to the marble round table where some people are already seated and playing cards.