Chapter 100

"Li Suimo is going back to Haishi soon."

The news spread like a blizzard in Haishi, overwhelming and pervasive.

Haishi's prestigious gatherings were filled with chatter about the Qin family, with everyone talking in hushed tones while raising their cups and toasting each other.

The marriage statuses of the two grandchildren of the Qin family in Haishi, one young and one old, were topics of discussion among both insiders and outsiders and had become common gossip.

For over a month, whenever there was even a hint of news regarding the Qin family, it would spread like wildfire and be known to all.

"Linxi."

Someone called out to Gu Linxi, and she turned her head, giving the person a smile with her finely crafted makeup.

"You look beautiful today," Liu Yuhan smiled and intimately linked arms with Gu Linxi, whispering, "That person is coming back tomorrow. Do you know?"

Gu Linxi smiled softly, "Who is that person?"

Liu Yuhan pushed her away and looked her up and down, sneering, "What do you think? Someone like you who used some underhanded methods to get into the Qin family."

Gu Linxi simply smiled and raised her glass, hiding the cold glint in her eyes.

"When will Qin Zhan bring you back to Qin Bay?"

"New Year's Eve?"

"That's still over a month away. Things can change if we wait too long," Liu Yuhan replied.

"Li Suimo also said that, but I succeeded, didn't I?" Gu Linxi frowned.

Liu Yuhan's face turned black, and she was pulled away to dance by someone.

Gu Linxi held up her skirt and walked along the edge of the dance floor. Half of the people around her were willing to say hello to her, while the other half refused to acknowledge her.

After their secret wedding night, Gu Linxi and Qin Zhan's story was published online, and outsiders envied them, calling them fairy-tale lovers, a real-life Cinderella and prince.

Only Gu Linxi knew that she was being ostracized by the snobbish circle that valued social status.

After the banquet, Gu Linxi received her coat from a waiter at the front door and left with a dignified posture.

A few people followed her nonchalantly, pointing and talking behind her back.

"You still have to discipline these kids nowadays. They've been raised with so much care. You have to be careful not to let some unknown wild girl lure them away."

"In my opinion, young people are full of energy. Let them have fun. The Qin family is being too strict. They haven't experienced anything yet... that's why they're all lining up one by one."

Several noblewomen laughed together.

It began to snow, and the large snowflakes quickly covered a thin layer on her shoulders. Gu Linxi walked around the corner, hastening her steps towards the car not far away.

Qin Zhan opened the car door, holding a down jacket in his hand and shaking it before draping it over Gu Linxi's shoulders.

"It's so cold." Gu Linxi smiled and leaned against Qin Zhan's chest.

Qin Zhan's arms tightened, and he was about to speak when Gu Linxi pushed him away.

"Qin Zhan, let's go quickly, don't let anyone see us."