Chapter 49

The Hou family paid a visit, and coincidentally, most of the Qin family members were at home.

Liu Ruo went out with two aunts when she learned that Ji Wenjing was coming today, leaving Qin Yaohua and Qin Qing at home to receive their future in-laws.

Qin Zhan was locked in a room for self-reflection.

Therefore, it was Li Suimo who first noticed Hou Kai's arrival.

Hou Kai had lost a lot of weight and looked gaunt and cold, with prominent cheekbones and eyes like ravens devouring carrion.

He walked towards them, holding his mother's hand, and when they reached the bottom of the stairs, he looked up and smiled at Li Suimo.

Li Suimo took a step back, and Hou Kai's figure slowly disappeared under the eaves, replaced by the butler's voice.

Hou Kai's voice was as sharp as a gust of wind: "I'm here to visit the Qin family, please spare me."

Li Suimo's hair stood on end!

She hurriedly flipped through the calendar and decided that if Gu Linxi didn't come today, she wouldn't go downstairs no matter what!

The butler hesitated, and Hou Kai said, "Don't worry, Qin Bay has so many bodyguards, I won't cause any trouble."

Hou's mother said softly, "Butler Lin, Yaohua and I have an appointment. Otherwise, how could we have the authority to stop the three checkpoints? Please let us in with peace of mind."

The butler had no choice but to welcome the Hou family into the house.

After waiting for a while, footsteps were heard, and the butler's voice came from the study next door.

"Master, Miss, the Hou family is here."

The door opened and closed, and Qin Qing's voice sounded: "How could you let him in?"

The butler answered urgently in a low voice, "The authority for the wetland park was opened, and it seems to have been done by the young master."

Qin Qing pursed her lips and said nothing, while Qin Yaohua let out a low sigh.

Several people went downstairs.

Li Suimo leaned against the door, listening carefully to the outside movements.

Then, the sound of opening and closing of the door on the other side of the stairs came.

Li Suimo's forehead twitched, and she quickly ran to the window.

Sure enough, a stranger's car arrived outside the pavilion, and it was Gu Linxi who got out of the car.

As in the original book, Qin Zhan arranged to meet with Gu Linxi and express his sincerity to the elders at home.

To facilitate the plan, he gave Gu Linxi access to enter Qin Bay, which resulted in Hou Kai's accidental arrival.

With this lineup, plus Hou Kai, the Qin family, and Ji Wenjing and Li Enzheng, who flew to Qin Bay, Li Suimo came to her senses and quickly marked today's date with a thick red pen in her calendar.

Then, she hurriedly changed out of her nightgown and applied makeup to cover up her complexion, making her look more tired.

In a hurry, she changed out of her sleepwear and applied a makeup that covered up her natural appearance, making her look more haggard.

Soon after, Qin Zhan brought Gu Linxi to the door, while Li Suimo hid behind the window.

Their figures disappeared, and Li Suimo didn't need to look to know that the Qin family's expression must be extremely ugly.