Chapter 120: Extra (11) [Lin Meng*Li Mo - 5]

"You waited until now?" Li Mo walked over and twirled a strand of hair around her finger.

Lin Meng turned to look at her and naturally handed over the rose to Li Mo.

Li Mo was used to receiving flowers and didn't find it particularly special. When someone sent her flowers, they usually sent at least a carload, and she found it too much trouble to even bother using them to take a bath.

"For me?" Li Mo asked as she took the flower, her action decisive.

"Working overtime?" Lin Meng asked. "Do you want to go eat?"

Li Mo's gaze fixed on the rose. The flower seemed to be sprinkled with water, and two full, glistening droplets were hidden on it.

"Are you hungry?" Lin Meng asked again.

Li Mo came back to her senses and rubbed her stomach. She was indeed a little hungry. Suddenly, she remembered something and looked up. "Where's Lin Gu'er?"

"Grandma took her away," Lin Meng replied, taking the bag from Li Mo's hand. "When we found her, my grandfather registered her under his name, but he passed away last month."

"Why couldn't your parents take care of her?" Li Mo asked.

"My parents are overseas, and she refused to go with them. She insisted that I had to be the one to take care of her," Lin Meng replied.

"Then...what can you do?" Li Mo asked.

Lin Meng gave her a sidelong glance, and Li Mo opened her mouth, "I don't have a solution either. I'm not old enough to adopt her."

As they spoke, the two of them went to a restaurant. There was a queue, but Lin Meng had reserved a table in advance and showed the receipt. The waiter led them to their seats.

"What about Gu'er?" Li Mo asked.

"I called yesterday to ask about the adoption requirements. They're complicated, so I decided to entrust her to my grandma," Lin Meng said.

"My grandma lives in a small town, and she's a teacher. She usually follows me to school, so it's convenient for her to come and go to school with me."

Li Mo didn't know what to say.

"Sorry." Lin Meng suddenly glanced at her. "I've caused you so much trouble."

Li Mo glanced at the roses beside her. "It's okay."

Lin Meng nodded, then picked up a piece of pork rib for Li Mo. "Have you forgiven me?"

Asking so straightforwardly, Li Mo couldn't help but laugh.

"Are you coming to celebrate my birthday with me?" Lin Meng asked.

Li Mo's smile faded, and she poked her bowl with chopsticks. "I'm not going."

"Why?" Lin Meng was straightforward.

Li Mo looked at her uneasily and said with difficulty, "I'm twenty-four now, and there's a huge gap between us!"

Lin Meng blinked in confusion. "It's just a birthday party."

The little one was used to playing tricks, and when she said this, it made Li Mo overthink things.

Li Mo: "..."

"You don't look much older than me," Lin Meng said.

Li Mo snorted. Wasn't that right? She was only two years older, but after transmigrating, she had grown younger and taller at the same time!

After dinner, Lin Meng answered a phone call during their walk, and Li Mo heard Lin Gu'er's questioning voice when the call connected. "Why haven't you come back yet? Do you not want Gu'er anymore?"