Chapter 119: Extra (10) [Lin Meng*Li Mo - 4]

"Are you sending me to Grandma's?" Lin Gu'er lowered her head and looked at Lin Meng, who was helping her pack a few sets of clean clothes into her bag, with red-rimmed eyes.

Lin Meng replied calmly, "If you don't go to Grandma's, then you will have to go back to the orphanage."

Lin Gu'er's lips trembled and tears began to fall from her round eyes. "But you picked me up, so you are my mom now!"

Lin Meng stood up and ruffled Lin Gu'er's hair. "I'll come pick you up and play with you when you have a break from school. And I'll always be your mom."

"A real mom would never abandon her own daughter!" Lin Gu'er pushed Lin Meng away, snatched the backpack off her shoulder, and ran upstairs while wiping her tears.

Lin Meng sighed and picked up the backpack, placing it on the sofa. She called Lin Gu'er's teacher to ask for a leave of absence and then asked the neighbor next door, Grandma Wang, to look after Lin Gu'er. After packing her things, she left.

She still had to go back to school to return the completed lab report.

"It's boring."

Eating, drinking, playing, the people around her, and everything else seemed boring to Li Mo. She walked aimlessly on a bridge that connected the north and south of the city with her single-shoulder backpack. She kicked the air with each step and attracted curious glances from passersby.

However, most people were rushing to work during this time, and only a few students were playing and chasing each other on the bridge. They were probably only in their early teens and still in high school.

Li Mo thought of Lin Meng and compared her to these girls. Lin Meng seemed too mature and unapproachable, not like a typical high school girl. Who would have thought that she was still underage?

"Why am I thinking of her again?"

Li Mo pouted. She thought she had met a good person when she first arrived in this world, but she didn't expect that...

Lin Meng was trying to use her!

Li Mo had left Lin Meng's house in a sorry state last night and had gotten drunk again after returning home. She should have slept until noon or even the afternoon, but she woke up early in the morning as soon as the alcohol wore off.

It seemed that she had developed a resistance to alcohol and her tolerance had increased.

"I have a body that can handle alcohol without getting drunk, and my tolerance has skyrocketed along with it."

"Ugh, so annoying!" Li Mo flailed her hands and swung her small bag in the air, getting so angry that she couldn't walk anymore. She stood still, staring blankly at her feet with a runny nose.

After a while, someone bumped into her shoulder. Li Mo was slow to react. The bridge was too narrow for two people to walk side by side, with bicycles and electric scooters zooming by on the inside and cars passing by on the outside. Pedestrians rushed by, fearing that they might fall off and get hit by a car, so they inevitably collided.

Li Mo held onto her shoulder and leaned against a stone pillar half a person tall at the edge of the bridge, gasping for breath.

The river was flowing rapidly, and the height between the bridge piers was several meters.

If someone fell down...

Li Mo leaned her head out, almost falling off the bridge.

"Hey." A cold voice came, followed by a hand tightly holding onto her arm.

Li Mo: "..."

Li Mo turned around and saw Lin Meng standing next to her with a backpack on her shoulders.