Chapter 123: Extra (14) [Lin Meng*Li Mo - 8]

On Lin Meng's birthday, Li Mo spent a week searching for a suitable gift but couldn't find one. She looked during work hours, after work hours, and even went to the mall with other department directors.

"What does Lin Meng like?" Li Mo wondered to herself.

"Does she like flowers? Maybe I should get her a set of clothes instead..." Li Mo thought while shopping with Sister Hua, a colleague from the design department.

The two of them were looking at sportswear, and Li Mo remembered that Lin Meng often wore loose-fitting clothes. She could buy her a piece of clothing and a pair of shoes to match.

"You should get the big one for her," Sister Hua said, nudging Li Mo with her elbow. "You know, the one who always comes to pick you up downstairs. Haven't seen her around lately, what's up with that?"

Li Mo replied, "She just finished her exams and is resting at home." She hadn't talked to Lin Meng in two days, and it was because she chose not to contact her.

Lin Meng sent messages frequently, but Li Mo found it a bit suffocating. "Good morning," "good night," "have you eaten?" "What are you doing?" "I miss you," she would say. It was all very cliché.

Li Mo picked out a piece of clothing and drew a line in front of herself.

Sister Hua said, "You're really thoughtful. But that big one, she's a bit difficult to deal with, isn't she?"

Li Mo pursed her lips. She was indeed difficult to deal with, always clinging to you. If you're not careful, she might drag you onto the sofa and press you down.

"You're so silly. There are so many talented young men out there, why did you have to choose a divorced one? That's what I'm saying, young people shouldn't be afraid of hardship..." Sister Hua continued.

The clothes were okay, but the waist of the pants in the set was too big. Li Mo couldn't help but imagine Lin Meng's flat and firm stomach, and her face turned even redder. She held onto the clothes tightly, wanting to bury her face in them.

Sister Hua sighed when she saw Li Mo's reaction, thinking that she had realized her mistake. She patted Li Mo's back and said, "If you're willing, you can break up with that person. I'll introduce you to my relative. He earns a few hundred thousand yuan a year, but he's a bit short..."

Li Mo snapped out of her thoughts and asked, "What did you say, Sister Hua?"

Sister Hua's face turned sour. "Never mind, forget it."

Li Mo smiled and asked the salesperson, "Can this waist be adjusted?"

The salesperson took the clothes, and Sister Hua looked at the price tag. It was over six thousand yuan!

"It's too expensive..." Sister Hua said.

Li Mo glanced at the price and furrowed her brows. She used to only wear custom-made clothes, but now that she was broke, she couldn't afford much. Luckily, her body was delicate, so she could wear most clothes. However, her spending habits were hard to change. For example, she would order a table full of food but only eat a few bites.

Li Mo reflected on this and, combining it with her memories, realized that she couldn't be so wasteful. "Then let's pick something else."

Sister Hua had a look of someone willing to teach Li Mo a lesson. Li Mo turned her head and picked another outfit for 4,000 yuan as a compromise. "This one then!"

After buying a pair of shoes for Lin Meng, Li Mo picked out a few outfits for herself and swiped her card for 20 to 30 thousand yuan in one go. She happily paid while Sister Hua frowned and said, "You never used to spend tens of thousands of yuan shopping before."