Chapter 92

Topic selection for her graduation project, Li Suimo chose traditional chinese painting, using ink and wash techniques as a foundation and adding some novel ideas.

She thought it shouldn't be too difficult to pass the difficult stage, and she still had confidence in herself.

The atmosphere at A University was lively even after Christmas Eve, with colorful decorations adding color to the snowy landscape.

Li Suimo went to the back mountain of the school to sketch, but after half a day of drawing, she wasted a lot of paper and didn't even have a usable one. Frustrated, she threw her sketches into a bucket on the side and decided to clean up her dorm.

When she opened the door, thick smoke filled the room and Li Suimo coughed several times before noticing Yang Shuya and Fang Ting behind the smoke.

"You, why are you back?" Fang Ting asked in a panic.

Li Suimo waved her hand and narrowed her eyes. She covered her notebook with her hand and asked, "What are you doing?"

"There were cockroaches, so we're fumigating them..." Fang Ting replied.

Upon hearing this, Li Suimo hurried over and pushed Fang Ting aside. Several cockroaches ran out from a small crack in the balcony.

"What a mess!" Li Suimo coughed violently, and tears welled up in her eyes from the smoke.

"We light up old clothes and then put out the fire to use the smoke to fumigate the cockroaches..." Fang Ting explained.

"Why don't you call someone else to deal with it?" Li Suimo asked, surprised.

"Cough! Cough, cough!" Yang Shuya coughed, "Do you think I'm you? Do you like to make a fuss? Move aside!"

Li Suimo was pushed aside, and as she stumbled, Yang Shuya was choked by the smoke. Li Suimo's temples throbbed as she took out her phone from her bag.

"What are you doing?" Yang Shuya asked suspiciously.

"Quickly put out the fire! If the alarm goes off, I'll call the school security and have them contact the extermination team," Li Suimo said.

"There's no need! I can handle it!" Yang Shuya tried to grab Li Suimo's phone.

"Be careful!" Fang Ting shouted.

Yang Shuya was still holding the old clothes covered in ash, and the embers were about to touch Li Suimo's snow-white coat. Fang Ting hurried over and grabbed the dark bundle of clothes.

"Don't fight!" Li Suimo's forehead veins bulged, "Yang Shuya, don't light the curtains on fire!"

"Give me the phone!" In the chaos, Yang Shuya snatched Li Suimo's phone, and she wildly swung the burning clothes around, causing a few sparks to fall on the curtains. Li Suimo snapped out of her daze and quickly shook off the sparks.

She gasped for breath and said, "You're crazy!"

"You're the crazy one," Yang Shuya retorted.

Fang Ting snatched the clothes and in the push and shove, the three almost fell to the ground.

Fang Ting got burned and quickly let go of the half-burning clothing.

A cockroach crawled into the room through the gap in the balcony, and the clothes on the ground scattered, causing the sparks inside to reignite. The dry winter weather caused the room to fill with smoke, and in an instant, the soft carpet was engulfed by flames.

"Shuya! It's on fire!" Fang Ting exclaimed in horror.

Yang Shuya was taken aback and rushed over to stomp frantically on the burning clothes pile.