Chapter 103: Surrender to your tenderness (2)

"You don't say, it's quite arrogant," Wang Cheng watched the black smoke disappear from the tail of the car and into the distance. "We can only take taxis now, and yet some people still don't know how to behave properly."

Along the way, Li Suimo sat in the car and kept looking at her phone. "Driver, can you go a bit faster?"

The driver heard her and accelerated. "Young lady, are you going to the hospital to visit someone? Don't worry, I'll speed up and get you there! But you don't have to be anxious, is someone in your family sick? They will be fine."

Li Suimo thought to herself that the driver was talkative and replied, "No, I ran out of the hospital and need to get back quickly."

The driver's voice trembled, "Are you feeling unwell?"

Li Suimo said, "I hit my head..."

The taxi suddenly accelerated, and Li Suimo's neck leaned back. She quickly said, "Slow down, Uncle. I'm feeling dizzy."

The car gradually slowed down again.

Li Suimo sat in the back seat, with a beautiful face and no signs of illness. Her cheeks even had a moist glow.

The driver said irritably, "Little girl, are you playing with me?"

Li Suimo laughed, "Uncle, I really hit my head, but it's not serious. I'm just in a hurry."

"I ran away from home without telling my family. If they find out, I'll be in trouble."

The driver was a middle-aged man and his tone became serious after hearing this, "My daughter is about your age. You're still young, don't make your family worry too much. If you're sick, you should stay in the hospital and rest."

Li Suimo said embarrassedly, "But I still have to work."

"Work?" The driver was surprised, "Have you graduated?"

They happened to hit a red light, so they chatted for a few more minutes.

Li Suimo sneered inwardly, "Yes, I have to juggle studying and work, while my fiancee hasn't even called me once."

The driver was shocked, "Are you married?!"

Li Suimo laughed so hard in the back seat of the car that she held her stomach. "Hahaha, no, but we're engaged."

The driver sighed, "You're still a young person and already engaged. How is the man's situation?"

Li Suimo calmed down and said, "He's very good, almost too good for me."

The driver lamented, "No wonder you have to work. Nowadays, marriage is like that. Men can't rely on women, and women can't just depend on men. You have to be a good match, and money is still the deciding factor. You need money to have dignity."

Li Suimo smiled and nodded, but she thought of something else in her heart.

She touched her empty middle finger on her right hand.

On the day of her engagement, Qin Qing put the engagement ring on her finger.

But where did she put it? Did she lose it during a fall? Did she see it in the drawer in front of the mirror when she sneaked out of Qin Bay that day?

"Miss?"

"Miss?"

Li Suimo snapped back to reality. "Hmm?"

"We're here. Hurry back so your family doesn't look for you."

"Okay, thank you," Li Suimo said.

After getting off the car, Li Suimo straightened her clothes.